An exciting opportunity exists for someone to step into a leadership role and provide coaching and mentoring to our team of community mental health support workers in our NDIS program.
The position is a 12 month, full-time contract for maternity leave cover and on a Level 4 SCHADS Award. The position is based out of our Rockingham Office.
At MIFWA we:
- Know mental health recovery is possible for everyone
- Look after one another so that we can be our best
- Are grounded and connected to people as they guide us in the support that optimises their recovery
- Want all our people to thrive at work
- Face challenges as an opportunity to grow and learn
- Work with people affected by mental health issues in a way that is meaningful to them.
- Have a look at our website if you are keen to find out more about us 🙂 https://www.mifwa.org.au/
Your role will help us make a difference by:
- Mentoring and supporting a team of community mental health support workers to develop their skills to be able to provide quality support to people experiencing mental health challenges
- Providing meaningful support to participants when needed to ensure their support needs are met
- Ensuring risks are identified and mitigated so your team and participants work together in a save environment
- Understanding the uniqueness of each participant’s recovery goals and working with your team to develop goal plans and strategies to support participants to achieve their goals
Does this sound like you:
- You are a people person and are able to engage and build relationships with a variety of people.
- You have experience leading and getting the best out of people.
- You have great organisational skills.
- You are flexible and adaptable and have good time management.
- You welcome challenges and see them as an opportunity to be creative.
- You are a natural coach and support others to learn, grow and overcome any barriers. You hold high yet achievable expectations of people.
- You understand the challenges of mental health.
What we can promise you
As an employer, we go above and beyond to create opportunities for our employees to learn and build their skills and practice. Here’s more of what you will get from us:
- An employer who values peoples lived experience with mental health challenges
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Mileage compensation
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A great work culture 😊
If you think you are the right person for this role, please provide a brief cover letter outlining why you feel you are a good fit for the role and a copy of your current resume. Please note only those are shortlisted will be contacted.
MIFWA is an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees.