At ACAP we change lives. We equip our students with a deep understanding of human behaviour, the skills to make a positive difference and the resilience to enjoy long, healthy careers.
ACAP, The Australian College of Applied Professions, is Australia’s leading independent provider of tertiary education, delivering accredited courses in psychology, social work, counselling, coaching, criminology, law, and business management and leadership (MBA).
We are developing our talent community of Sessional Lecturers on an ongoing basis; practicing counsellors, social workers and psychologists that are passionate about their field and teaching the next generation of professionals.
**Previous applicants need not apply**
Sessionals teach undergraduate programs (AQF 7) and, where an established record of relevant professional experience is evidenced, postgraduate programs (AQF 8-9), with guidance from permanent academic staff.
Sessional work involves;
- Teaching classes covering various units, depending on your area of expertise, in the disciplines of Social Work, Counselling, and Psychology, including; tutorials, intensive workshops, and recorded lectures, and engaging with students through online forums
- Marking assignments and performing administrative tasks associated with the classes
- Responding to student enquiries and providing advice as required
- Teaching onsite at our Sydney campus
- Full time or part time for a specific period, 13 weeks per semester, with the opportunity in exceptional circumstances, to assume the role of Unit Coordinator
The candidates we seek will ideally have;
- Experience or a keen interest in working in a tertiary education institution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and build strong relationships at all levels across the College
- Excellent scholarly and discipline specific industry expertise
- Passion and motivation to empower students and the next generation of practicing professionals
Essential qualifications for candidates include;
- A Social Work, Counselling, or Psychology qualification, at least a Masters
- Membership or eligibility for membership of a relevant professional association
- Extensive experience as a practicing Social Worker, Counsellor, or Psychologist
ACAP focuses on shared values and strengths across our teams, you will work together with others committed to transforming lives through education in a purpose-driven, engaging, and supportive team environment.
If the below is important to you, you will flourish here!
- Student-focused approach with the highest standards of student experience and outcomes
- Working in a vibrant, growing team that is committed to innovative teaching
- A collegial and collaborative environment dedicated to academic excellence and professional development
- A diverse and inclusive workforce, supporting equality and diversity
- Cultural responsiveness; We attract students from 40+ nationalities, so your work will have far-reaching community benefits
Some benefits and perks of working with ACAP include;
- Genuine flexibility with hybrid working arrangements
- Health & wellbeing packages including free counselling for employees and family, discounted gym membership, movie tickets, travel, hotels, and insurance
- Salary packaging and novated leasing
- Up to 75% off study scholarships on all our courses
- 2 paid volunteer days per year for your passionate causes
Diversity and Inclusion:
ACAP promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace delivers a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students, and clients. We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
Please note applicants require full working rights in Australia.
Successful candidates may need to undergo criminal records and working with children check.
How to apply:
Submit your CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and your interest in the role.
**Previous applicants need not apply**
There is no close date for applications as sessional staff is an ongoing requirement.
Confidential discussions will be arranged via telephone or email with potentially suitable applicants.
To learn more about ACAP please visit www.acap.edu.au