Job Reference No V0167
We are seeking a suitably qualified Social Worker, Registered Nurse or Community Health Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Health Professional to join our Smoking Cessation team.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified person with counselling experience. Smoking rates remain high in marginalised groups, including among people who are insecurely housed, people with a serious mental illness and the Indigenous community.
This position will deliver targeted, flexible, person-centered smoking cessation support to clients at Better Health Network venues and via outreach, including to residents of Supported Residential Services (SRSs). The position is part of a multidisciplinary team and will work closely with the existing Smoking Cessation Facilitator. Smoking Cessation Facilitation training may be provided as necessary.
Ideally, you will possess:
- A professional qualification in Social Work / Registered Nurse / Occupational Therapist / Counselling.
- Experience working as an smoking cessation facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a range of flexible, person centered services to people in the community, including 1:1 service delivery, group sessions and outreach.
- Excellent knowledge of current Evidence Based Practice in smoking cessation.
- A clear understanding of skills in networking and collaborative practice with a range of service providers.
In return we offer:
- Flexibility of working days/hours
- Standard tax- free salary packaging amount ($18,550 per annum).
- Community participation and engagement
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Greater inner city locations opposite South Melbourne & Prahran markets
What makes BHN Tick?
Better Health Network (BHN) encompasses more than 22 locations and has over 800 staff work in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver health and disability outcomes. BHN is a responsive and agile community health service, providing a wide range of healthcare, social support, disability, and welfare services for all members of the community.
BHN provides services spanning all periods of life including specialist childhood, youth, and aged care services. In achieving its vision of health and wellbeing for all, BHN is guided by our distinct service principles which include working with people and communities to achieve their health goals, understanding the context in which people live their lives, providing friendly, affordable, and holistic service.
To apply for this role, please click apply now and submit your resume and a cover letter no longer than two pages addressing the following:
• your values alignment
• your skills and experience
• your key skills and expertise against the relevant criteria listed above.
Please note that prior to any commencement of employment, pre-employment checks must be complete. These will include reference checking, a national criminal history and right to work check, proof of vaccinations and a working with children check.
Closing Date: Friday 8th September 2023 @5.00pm