Centacare Family Services offers relationship and community services to individuals, couples, and families. As a Catholic agency we provide professional assistance in a manner which promotes human dignity and enhances growth and wellbeing.
SNUGGLES is a free parenting group providing opportunities for first time parents with young babies less than 8 months of age and expectant mums to gain Support, Nurture, Understanding, Guidance, Growth, Learning, Enjoyment and Socialising.
A remuneration package based on the SCHCADS Award 2010 will be offered based on skills and experience; level 3 $36.00/hour plus superannuation and salary packaging option.
This is a part time position working 8 hours per week on a Tuesday during the school term.
- Coordinate the delivery of the SNUGGLES program through the planning of weekly sessions, coordination of guest speakers, and completion of administrative reports and returns.
- Provide an accommodating presence to new and expecting parents during program sessions.
- Communicate with participants of SNUGGLES in a positive, educative manner that conveys confidence in their journey of motherhood.
Selection Criteria: Qualifications
- Formal qualifications in Community Services, Early Childhood, Social Work, Enrolled Nurse (Mothercraft) or equivalent qualification in a relevant human services discipline would be well regarded but are not essential.
Selection Criteria: Skills & Experience
- Passion for supporting the social and emotion wellbeing of parents and young babies.
- Ability to liaise with, support, and assist mothers in a friendly, non-judgmental, and personal way.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and develop written reports within provided guidelines.
- Ability to work within the philosophy and ethos of Centacare.
Successful applicants will hold, or be able to obtain, a WA Working with Children Check, National Police Clearance no older than 12 months, and a current WA Driver’s License.
Inline with our values and commitment to encouraging diversity and equal opportunity in the workplace, Centacare welcomes and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people, people with disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply: Using the APPLY NOW button please submit your current resume along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role based on the selection criteria.