About the organisation
Awabakal has provided health & community services to Aboriginal people living across the Newcastle and surrounding regions for more than 40 years and is dedicated to advancing the wellbeing of our community.
About the role
We are looking for an organised and motivated individual to provide culturally safe mental health care coordination services for Awabakal Clients who have experienced significant functional impairment due to complex psychosocial illness and/or risk factors, including aftercare for those who have attempted suicide or have experienced a major suicidal crisis. Duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to identify care needs, coordinate evidence-based interventions, provide clinical care coordination of service delivery and ongoing assessment of client needs.
- Provide timely Care Coordination support to clients with a focus on:
- regular engagement with an Awabakal General Practitioner;
- support clients with transition of care between internal and external services;
- ensuring client clinical, social and emotional needs are met in accordance with their Integrated Care Plan;
- provide culturally appropriate support, guidance and mentoring to clients.
- Provide aftercare services to Awabakal clients who have been referred following a suicide attempt or suicidal crisis in line with the service model of care
- Degree in Social Work, Mental Health, Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care or equivalent
- Professional Registration (where possible)
- NSW Drivers Licence
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates will be required to undertake relevant background checks including a Criminal History and Working with Children Check and demonstrate evidence of current registration, and original qualifications.
To submit your application please click on the “Apply” button below by 9.00am 29 September 2023. For a confidential discussion contact Abbi Anderson on 0484 664 559 .
Awabakal strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) decent.