About the organisation
Awabakal has provided health & community services to Aboriginal people living across the Newcastle and surrounding regions for more than 40 years and is dedicated to advancing the wellbeing of our community.
About the role
We are looking for an organised and motivated individual to provide coordination of the delivery of culturally safe social and emotional wellbeing services and support for Awabakal Clients, by working closely with and guiding the practice of community network partners and Awabakal staff. Duties include but not limited to:
- Conduct comprehensive assessments to identify care needs, coordinate evidence-based interventions, provide clinical care coordination of service delivery and ongoing assessment of client needs.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key sector stakeholders, including service providers and key referral pathways for suicide prevention.
- Establish a suicide prevention network
- Coordinates the co-design and development of a Network Suicide Prevention Plan
- Provide aftercare services to Awabakal clients who have been referred following a suicide attempt or suicidal crisis in line with the service model of care
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Mental Health, or equivalent
- Professional medical registration with AHPRA
- NSW Drivers Licence
- First Aid and CPR Certificate
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Check
Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates will be required to undertake relevant background checks including a Criminal History and Working with Children Check and demonstrate evidence of current registration, and original qualifications.
To submit your application please click on the “Apply” button below by 9.00am 29 September 2023. For a confidential discussion contact Abbi Anderson on 0484 664 559 .
Awabakal strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) decent.