On behalf of our client which is a well established team that supports clients withdrawing from Alcohol and Other Drugs. We are seeking a passionate Social Worker/Mental Health Clinician for a 12 week contract with possible extension. You will be responsible for the delivery and evaluation of a culturally sensitive, responsive, equitable and comprehensive specialist Alcohol and Other Drug Service aimed at prevention, intervention and harm minimisation to the community by assessing, counselling and referring people with drug related problems, their families and significant others.
- Provide assessment, intervention and evaluation for clients presenting with withdrawal from alcohol and or drugs.
- Provide psychosocial interventions for individuals, couples, and families in accordance with guidelines, harm minimisation principles and procedures including the model of care.
- Work collaboratively with clients to work on interpersonal and group work skills through provision of innovative group and substance use programs.
- The use of referral pathways for clients and the development of partnerships with other agencies as appropriate.
- Maintaining client rights, follow up and advocacy.
- Preparing reports for other agencies, while maintaining clinical record data.
- Promoting a risk minimisation approach to practice and support implementation and maintenance of systems to protect clients, visitors and staff.
- Integrating advanced theoretical knowledge, evidence from a range of sources and own experience to devise and achieve agreed client outcomes
- Completed Bachelor or higher in Social Work
- Current membership with AASW or eligible to apply.
- Demonstrated effective social work clinical practice
- Experience providing and evaluating assessment, intervention, counselling and case management for individuals, couples, families and significant others.
- Ability to consult with, assess and identify community, needs, community development and health promotion programs.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team/group demonstrating effective problem solving, conflict resolution, advocacy and negotiation skills.
- Ability to be creative, flexible and self-directed, work under varying workload demands, maintain accurate records, analyse problems, formulate solutions, make decisions, to work with minimal supervision and manage time effectively utilising clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to educate, liaise with, advocate and provide consultancy to other professionals and agencies.
Casual Agency Rates: $60 p/h + Super