Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Social Worker Level 1/2
Remuneration: $1,292.52 – $1,872.58 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ425902
This recruitment may be used to fill future positions via an eligibility list for permanent, full time, part time, temporary and casual positions.
At Central Coast Local Health District, people are at the heart of everything we do. We believe that a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce is the key to delivering safe, high-quality health care.
Please note that Job Share will be considered for any suitably qualified Social Workers.
What we offer:
- New graduate support
- Positive cultural working environment and mutually supportive teams
- Regular clinical supervision
- Leadership development
- Diverse clinical practice through clinical rotations
- Formal and informal professional development and education opportunities
- Genuine career planning and development
- Full-time employees are entitled to 1 additional day off per calendar month
- Salary Sacrificing (saving you more money on tax)
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Fitness Passport
- Social Club
- You have Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW).
- You have a well-developed understanding of the psychosocial issues that arise for patients and their families during chronic and acute illness and trauma.
- You will preferably have demonstrated social work experience in a clinical specialty area; however, we are also open to applications from new graduates in social work and all levels of experience will be considered.
Where you’ll be working
The position is part of the Inpatient Social Work team that provides a professional social work service to patients and their family/carers to ensure the provision of optimal health outcomes for patients consistent with CCLHD policies, procedures, standards, relevant legislation, and the NSW Health Code of Conduct. This position will work alongside the multidisciplinary teams to deliver high quality care in a dynamic team environment.
The Social Worker is to provide assessment, crisis and brief intervention, counselling and case planning to assist patients/carers to deal with the emotional impact of illness, to facilitate smooth transitions through the hospital system and to access appropriate community services. You will work with the multidisciplinary team, senior managers and other inpatient social workers to ensure the delivery of effective and proactive social work services and psychosocial care.
As a Social Worker you are expected to be proactive in the areas of service development, service evaluation and multidisciplinary staff and student teaching. Inpatient Social Work positions within CCLHD may be required to work rostered weekends and public holidays at the request of the service manager. This position may also include working at acute sites throughout the CCLHD dependent on the needs of the service.
Stepping Up Website
The ‘Stepping Up’ online resource aims to assist Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander job applicants understand how to apply for roles within NSW Health by clarifying the recruitment and onboarding process. For more information, please visit: Stepping Up
Please note that all NSW Health workers are now required to have received 3 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine or have an approved medical contraindication certificate. You will be required to provide a record of your COVID-19 vaccination status if successful.
You will be required to participate in the Social Work after hours on call roster, 1-2 shifts per month.
Please attach a cover letter to your application responding to the position requirements/activities described in the position Task List:
Inpatient Task List
Applications Close: Sunday, 27 August 2023 at 11.59pm.
You are encouraged to complete applications on a week day where Technical Support is available Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm by phoning ROB Help Desk on 1300 679 367.