Eden Private Hospital is a 48 bed rehabilitation, sub-acute medical and mental health hospital located in the idyllic Noosa Hinterland township of Cooroy. Eden Private is a progressive leader in the delivery of health services in Queensland and is supported by multiple Aurora Hospital sites Australia Wide. Eden Private Hospital is dedicated to excellence through the provision of compassionate quality care, teamwork and innovation.
Eden Private Hospital delivers a diverse range of programs and therapy to suit patient needs – therapy needs include orthopaedic, neurological, reconditioning, cardiac rehabilitation and various medical conditions.
Our Social Worker is an integral part of an Interdisciplinary team within the hospital environment. We are seeking a casual or permanent part time Social Worker to start immediately to support our current team.
About the Role
The Social Worker will have the following responsibilities:
- Deliver core hospital Social Work services to a broad range of rehabilitation and medical presentations.
- Work collaboratively with team members including other Social Workers, Nursing staff, and Rehabilitation Physicians and GPs.
- Utilise effective communication skills to optimise clinical outcomes and work collaboratively with clients, other agencies government and non-government services.
Essential Criteria and Qualifications
- Formal qualification in Social Work
- Eligible for registration with AASW
- Minimum 2 years’ experience delivering core hospital Social Work services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and autonomously within a team
- Experience with NDIS applications
- Experience working with clients with complex needs in a hospital setting
- All employees are required to complete and maintain their mandatory education and competencies in accordance with Eden Private Hospital policies and procedures.
Vaccination Preventable Disease
This role is designated as ‘Vaccination Preventable Disease (VPD) risk role’. It is a condition of employment for this role for the employee to be, and remain, vaccinated against the following vaccine preventable diseases during their employment:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Varicella (chicken pox)
- Pertussis (whooping cough)
- Hepatitis B
- You must be able to provide serology evidence for the above mentioned vaccinations
- You are not susceptible to the VPD’s listed in the role description
You will be asked by the recruiting manager to supply this evidence if you are the preferred candidate for the role.
How to Apply
We look forward to meeting with you if this sounds like the right opportunity for you!
To submit your interest, please send your cover letter and CV to Matthew Rowe
Please note: We will only be contacting applicants who meet the mandatory qualifications and requirements as listed above.