- Part Time, Fixed Contract – 31/12/2023
- 32 hours per fortnight
- Potentially lead to permanent contract
Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) is the major health provider in the Central Hume region with an extensive range of acute, sub-acute, aged care and community services.
The primary role of the Palliative Care Social Worker / Loss & Grief Worker is to be responsible for the planning, implementation, evaluation and delivery of supportive care services to NHW Community Palliative Care clients in their homes across the Rural City of Wangaratta and Alpine Shires. They will also provide Palliative Care Volunteer Coordination including recruitment, training, monitoring, support and matching of volunteers to clients.
The Social Worker / Loss & Grief Worker will possess a high level of clinical knowledge, act as a clinical resource for staff and be expected to undertake supervision of relevant discipline staff and students.
The Social Worker / Grief & Loss Worker is expected to continuously update their skill and knowledge relevant to Palliative Care and will provide high quality discipline specific services including assessment and interventions to clients /carers, peers and the multidisciplinary team across NHW and external service providers.
A Drivers Licence is essential.
- Wangaratta is a large regional centre located in Northeast Victoria, with an approximate population of 30,000 people.
- Wangaratta offers a diverse range of shopping, cafes, bars, galleries and art precinct.
- Wangaratta boasts great parks and gardens and scenic walking/hiking trails in our local area, including the majestic Mt. Buffalo.
- Located just 2.5 hours to Melbourne and approx. 2 hours from the snow fields.
- We are surrounded by world class Gourmet Food and Wine Region, including King Valley, Rutherglen, Glenrowan and Milawa Gourmet region.
- Check out our region at www.visitwangaratta.com.au/Home
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- Competitive remuneration, novated leasing and full salary packaging benefits Available. If you have relocated permanently you may also be able to substantially increase your take-home pay by salary packaging some or all of your relocation costs.
- Full time employees have the option to be able to purchase additional leave if they wish.
- Option to be able to swap any existing public holiday to another religious holiday or day of significance of your choice.
- Employee Assistant Programs (EAP)
- Wellbeing programs and discounted corporate gym membership
- Social Club Benefits
- Support for our diverse workforce
Applying for the role:
- Enquiries can be made with Jodie Finlayson on (03) 57225 348
- Confirmation of full Covid-19 and Influenza Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required upon application
- A PD for this role can be downloaded below or at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- Applications must address the key selection criteria from the PD
- Employment Statutory Declaration form must be submitted with your application
- To apply for this position hit Apply Now/Join Now or head over to our careers page at www.northeasthealth.org.au/careers/jobs/
- All additional documents can be uploaded within the application after filling in the key criteria
- Applications close Monday, 14th August 2023