Seize the opportunity to join our brilliant Allied Health team at Joondalup Health Campus!
About the Role
An exciting opportunity is available to become an integral member of our team as a Social Worker. Passionate about providing the best quality care for patients, our supportive team of professionals provides a range of services to assist patients and their families with the emotional and practical impacts of illness, injury and hospitalisation.
Flexibility to work across a seven-day roster is essential for this role.
In the role, you will be responsible for providing social work services to an allocated caseload of clients in liaison with medical, nursing, allied health and other health care providers. This may involve, but is not limited to:
- Psychosocial assessments, risk assessments and inter-agency collaboration for future care planning and discharge planning
- Provision of advocacy and supports for patients, carers and families
- Brief intervention counselling around adjustment to disease and disability, loss, grief and bereavement
- Consultation and intervention for child abuse, elder abuse and domestic violence cases
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Social Work (or equivalent)
- Eligible for full membership of Australian Association of Social Workers
- Demonstrated ability to utilise a variety of social work interventions
- Demonstrated experience in medical social work practice
- Knowledge of community resources services to meet client needs
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team and independently as required
- Willingness to uphold the Ramsay Way core values
Why Joondalup Health Campus?
Joondalup Health Campus is the largest health care provider with a 722-bed facility in Perth’s northern suburbs, providing 24-hour acute care from an integrated public and private campus.
The Hospital is operated by Ramsay Health Care, a global operator of private hospitals and primary care clinics with 72 Australian sites employing over 30,000 people. Ramsay focuses on maintaining the highest standards of quality and safety, being an employer of choice, and operating its business according to The Ramsay Way philosophy: “People Caring for People“.
Benefits of working with us include.
- Flexible work practices to best match your work/life balance
- Professional Development – Grow your career across our national network!
- Employee assistance program
- Industry discounts across private health insurance, retail services, financial services and more
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online. Please click the Apply button within this ad to lodge an application (applications should include CV and 2 current work-related referees).
Everyone who joins Ramsay:
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19 a vaccine approved by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Must provide a National Police check conducted within the previous 12 months
- According to the role, Ramsay may require a Working-With-Children check and proof of immunisation against infectious diseases
If you would like to discuss this opportunity please contact Tracey Negus on
[email protected] [link removed]
Applications Close: 20 July 2022 at 11:55pm