Position Classification: Social Worker Level 1/2
Remuneration: $34.01 – $49.27 per hour
Hours Per Week: Various Hours
Requisition ID: REQ426986
Applications Close: 10 September 2023
Temporary Full Time & Temporary Part Time Vacancies until 30 June 2024 with possibility of extension subject to funding.
What you’ll be doing
Provide a high quality social work service to patients, clients, consumers and their family/carers to ensure the provision of optimal health outcomes consistent with ISLHD policies, procedures, standards, relevant legislation, and the NSW Health Code of Conduct. This position provides the above social work service to the Shoalhaven Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT).
The key role is to provide a comprehensive aged care assessment, referral, support and information to the patient, client, consumer and their families/carer regarding services that require access to Commonwealth funded aged care placement or alternative services. This includes formulating plans to meet the needs of the patient/client/consumer according to the Department of Health and Aging while meeting the ACAT Guidelines.
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed an up-to-date course of a COVID-19 vaccine (2 doses) which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Please provide proof of vaccination if available.
Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
This recruitment may be used to create a talent pool / eligibility list where candidates may be offered casual, permanent, or temporary full-time or part-time positions within the next 12 months.
Please note: Employment of a temporary visa holder may only occur if no suitable permanent resident or citizen of Australia has been identified for this position following suitable labour market testing.
Successful applicants to the role must provide certified documentation of vaccination history and pathology as part of their recruitment documentation. The applicant must be certified as compliant with Occupational Assessment, Screening and Vaccination Against Specified Infectious Diseases before employment can commence.
Your claim against the selection criteria is the most important part of your application as it will help determine whether or not you have met the standard of response required by the panel to be eligible for an interview. You should read the Position Description and then address the selection criteria for the role, giving examples where required. Applicants are encouraged to review the following information on Applying for a position within NSW Health at: http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/careers/guide/nswhealth/Pages/apply-for-position.aspx
- Social Work degree and eligibility for the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW), including the ability to demonstrate a practical application of the AASW Code of Ethics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a health related field and ability to provide a range of social work interventions eg psychosocial assessment, case management ,group work, advocacy and education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the aged care system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in comprehensive aged care assessments and care management of older people with complex needs including skills in activities of daily living assessments, cognitive assessments, social/community support needs, client environment safety and Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) placements.
- Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated competence in the use of electronic information systems.8. Current NSW Drivers Licence, with the ability to travel in accordance with position responsibilities.