Position Classification: Social Worker Level 3
Remuneration: $53.00 – $54.77 per hour plus Superannuation
Hours Per Week: 24
Requisition ID: REQ422459
If you enjoy working with others and building strong relationships we would love you to join our team!
Sydney Local Health District is one of the fastest growing Local Health Districts in New South Wales. Our facilities and services are world class and our staff are dedicated, innovative and caring.
Where you will be based
Formed in 1882, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RPAH) is a major metropolitan tertiary referral hospital and a principal provider of specialist healthcare. It remains one of the nation’s most respected hospitals, with a distinguished history serving the health needs of local, statewide, national and international communities.
About the role
An opportunity for a permanent part time social worker to work in the Women and Babies team for three days per week from Wednesday to Friday assisting with assessment, case management, counselling, safety planning and discharge planning in Maternity and Paediatric inpatient and outpatient units.
The Social Worker (Level 3) must:
- Conduct complex psychosocial assessments for inpatients and some outpatients
- Conduct effective and timely discharge planning which includes referrals to other services and organisations
- Work as a team member within a multidisciplinary team and respect Sydney Local Health District CORE values.
- Provide supportive counselling regarding the adjustment to illness and or disability and the impact of chronic illness
We are looking for someone who has…
- Bachelor or post graduate degree in Social Work that provides eligibility for full membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers with experience at Level 2 or higher.
- A current NSW Driver’s Licence (P2 licence acceptable).
- The ability to participate in the After Hours roster and present to the Hospital within an hour of being called.
- Recent employment within a Hospital or health setting.
What we can offer you (for eligible employees)…
- Opportunity for extra tax savings through Salary Packaging
- Novated Leasing
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for staff and family members
- Fitness Passport
- Great education opportunities through the Centre for Education and Workforce Development
For further details, please view the Position Description
For enquiries, please contact Anabelle Perry via email at [email protected]
About working for SLHD
This is a Category A position. To be employed by NSW Health you are required to provide evidence of vaccination to comply with the NSW Health Occupational Assessment, Screening & Vaccination against Specified Infectious Diseases Policy (PD2022_030)
All NSW Health workers are required to have completed a primary course of a COVID-19 vaccine which has been approved or recognised by the Therapeutics Goods Administration (TGA). Additionally, Category A workers are required to receive a booster dose three months after completing the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations. New applicants must have completed the vaccination course prior to commencement with NSW Health, or provide an approved medical contraindication certificate (IM011 immunisation medical exemption form) certifying the worker cannot have any approved COVID-19 vaccines available in NSW. Acceptable proof of vaccination is the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) Immunisation History Statement or AIR COVID-19 Digital Certificate. Booster doses are highly recommended for all health care workers who have completed the primary course of COVID-19 vaccinations.
SLHD is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people with disability are encouraged to apply for all internal and externally advertised positions. If you require assistance, please advise the contact person at the time of your application.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles within NSW Health. For more information, please visit: https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/
To further connect with us, check us out on LinkedIn
Applications Close: 18 August 2023