Position Classification: Social Worker Level 3
Remuneration: $53.00 – $54.77 per hour
Hours Per Week: 16
Requisition ID: REQ429885
The Social Work department at Westmead Hospital are seeking a highly motivated Social Worker to join their dynamic team. This position is based in the SMART (Specialist Management with Acute Rehabilitation Treatment) team which provides in-reach rehabilitation to the acute clinical areas of Westmead Hospital. The Social Worker is a valued member of the SMART multidisciplinary team and together work to improve patient outcomes and quality of life. There is a permanent part time position, 16 hours.
You will be working in a supportive department with a positive team culture which values professional, personal and career development. You will have the opportunity to contribute and make a difference.
If you are keen to join the team at Westmead and feel this is the role for you, please click the link to apply.
We welcome enquires, if you would like further information.
Allied Health – Every step of the way – Short Film – https://vimeo.com/803268531/67a7f3c07e
Looking for a move to NSW? National Campaign– https://vimeo.com/811851254/ff149e2f04
Where you’ll be working
• The SMART Social Work position is based in the Cancer and Chronic care social work team of Westmead Hospital and is responsible for providing a high standard of care to Western Sydney.
• This role is based at Westmead Hospital, close to the train station, buses and the new light rail. Minutes from Parramatta CBD, the local area is home to heritage sites, beautiful parks and water ways.
• Currently undergoing a $1.1 billion redevelopment program, Westmead Hospital together with its partners will be one of the largest health, education, research and training precincts in Australia.
What you’ll be doing
• You will be providing clinical interventions and leadership for patients / carers who receive the SMART program; and working closely with the multidisciplinary team to ensure excellent patient outcomes.
• The SMART role provides care to patients in the acute inpatient wards. There is also opportunity to broaden skill development as part of team cover and the After Hours On call service.
What this role and WSLHD Allied Health will offer you:
- An opportunity to work in a supportive, inclusive and caring team environment
- Ongoing education and development including clinical supervision, team in-service and monthly staff development to enhance clinical practice; and opportunities for external education and training.
- Opportunities to lead and be involved with research, with established partnerships with universities and a WSLHD Professor of Allied Health
- Programs and learning opportunities for Allied Health staff funded by WSLHD include:
- FLASH Allied Health leadership program – a program specific to WSLHD which offers Allied Health specific leadership development https://www.wslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/Education-Portal/Professional-Development/flash
- Accelerated Implementation Methodology (AIM): a course for staff leading projects to provide them with the knowledge, skills and structure to effectively manage change
- sparQ: Empowering safety and quality excellence through leadership and development at WSLHD https://www.wslhd.health.nsw.gov.au/Quality-Patient-Safety/sparq
Other benefits of working for Western Sydney Local Health District:
• Salary Packaging Scheme – lowers your taxable income and increases your take-home pay.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP) – a professional counselling and coaching service that offers confidential, short-term support for work-related and personal issues, which you and your immediate family can access
• Fitness Passport – permanent employees and their immediate family members can sign-up for this affordable membership which allows access to an extensive range of gyms, pools and fitness services from multiple providers across NSW.
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Study Leave
• Potential transfer of leave/service to other eligible public sector organisations
People with disabilities who meet the selection criteria are encouraged to apply; and where required, WSLHD will implement reasonable adjustment consistent with industry standard.
Stepping Up aims to assist Aboriginal job applicants by providing information about applying for roles in NSW Health organisations. For more information, please visit https://www.steppingup.health.nsw.gov.au/ Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Please note: To be eligible for permanent appointment to a position in NSW Health, you must have an Australian citizenship or permanent Australian residency.
Qualification: Degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW).
- Demonstrated understanding of psychosocial issues associated with acute and chronic illness in rehabilitation medicine and demonstrated high level knowledge and skills in social work assessment, crisis intervention including trauma, counselling, case management for patients/families with illness adjustment, domestic violence, child protection, end of life care and bereavement support.
- Demonstrated experience in staff and student supervision.
- Experience in developing and implementing policies and procedures for service improvement and skills in providing training and education.
- Well-developed time management skills with excellent written and verbal communication, including report writing skills and high level computer literacy.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation, decision making and advocacy skills including the ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders, throughout all organisational levels
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, lead, complete and implement quality improvement initiatives and service evaluation processes and lead ongoing quality improvement activities with other staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues associated with working with Culturally and Linguistically Diverse client groups.
- Participation in the After Hours Crisis On-Call Social Work Service.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Nadine Macbeth on 0458 523 576 or [email protected]
Applications Close: 2nd of October 2023