• Step into this new role and advance your career
• Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
• Salary packaging benefits
• Classification: QUAL SOC WKR GR2 YR1-4 (YC42-YC45)*
Who We Are and What We Stand For
Peninsula Health is the major metropolitan health service caring for a community of 300,000 people. Our Vision is to provide exceptional health and community care. To realise this vision we need people who strive for a sense of achievement, take an interest in their individual growth, enjoy innovation and looking for ways to improve and have a passion for communicating and connecting with others.
In representing Peninsula Health, we expect all employees and volunteers to reflect our values: Be the Best, Be a Role Model, Be Open and Honest, Be Compassionate and Respectful and Be Collaborative. We are One Peninsula Health.
What You Will Be Doing
The Social Worker Transition to Mental Health Practice Position represents an opportunity for an established social worker with at least two years professional experience in a related field of practice to commence a career in mental health. This position is funded as part of the Victorian Department of Health’s Mental Health and Wellbeing Workforce Strategy and acknowledges previous barriers interested professionals have had in being able to secure employment within the Victorian Mental Health Services.
What You Need
We anticipate you will have:
• Bachelor or Qualifying Master’s degree (MSWq) in social work enabling eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers.
• 2 years or more of professional practice as a social worker in any field.
• Demonstrated commitment to delivering high quality outcomes for consumers.
• Knowledge of contemporary social work theory and an ability to articulate this in your approach to practice.
• Working knowledge of discipline specific legislation relevant to clinical practice.
Take the Next Step and Apply Now!
If you experience any issues signing in or registering, please feel welcome to contact us – the People, Experience & Performance Team on (03) 9784 2700.
Peninsula Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We encourage applications from individuals from all cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We also provide a safe and supportive workplace for people with disabilities.
* Please refer to salary circular for VICTORIAN PUBLIC MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ENTERPRISE AGREEMENT 2021-2024 for salary range. Sub-grading will be based on years of experience.
To find out more about our recruitment processes, compliance obligations and to prepare your application to join our team please visit:
This role must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and meet the requirements of the Peninsula Health immunisation policy.
Join Peninsula Health and help us to deliver safe, personal, effective & connected care to every person, every time.