With Grace Therapy is a small private practice that is passionate about providing inclusive, evidence based and person centred support to people in our local community. We are run by accredited and experienced social workers that deliver counselling, NDIS therapeutic services, social work and professional supervision. We provide a mix of face to face, mobile and online sessions for people to access support when and where they need it. We are a values driven organisation and our work is driven by our values of connection, integrity and purpose. We also like to balance all the work with a lot of fun!
Due to increased growth, we are looking for an experienced social worker for a part time (3 days per week) who is passionate and interested in working with a range of individuals, families and carers within the areas of mental health, disability, aged care.
Our office is in Stafford, however, we also provide outreach to Brisbane North + South, Moreton Bay, Ipswich, Logan & Sunshine Coast
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor or Masters in Social Work and membership with the Australia Association of Social Workers (AASW)
- Minimum 2 years experience as a qualified social worker
- Excellent understanding of issues faced by people with mental health and/or disability and social determinants of health. Working knowledge of the NDIS.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously, great time management skills and have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A current open QLD driver’s license and road worthy vehicle, insurance to a minimum level covering third party property damage (comprehensive cover is recommended)
- COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for all roles at With Grace Therapy
- National Worker Screening, Working with children check (blue + yellow cards) + National Police Check + Proof of NDIS Orientation Module– these will need to be provided prior to starting your role.
- Competent with using Microsoft programs and video platforms (MS Teams)
- Committed to professional development and maintenance of current evidence-based practice
- Understanding of the needs of diverse communities such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), and LGBTIQ+ communities.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Undertaking high quality intake and comprehensive assessments to develop, implement, monitor and review their plan and outcomes.
- Building the capacity of people to navigate systems such as health, QCAT, welfare or housing
- Providing professional counselling and evidenced based psychological interventions with adults and young people
- Providing individual and group therapy sessions
- Maintaining accurate and timely case notes
- Developing professional and concise reports in accordance with operational and legislative requirements
- Attending regular stakeholder meetings, building and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Developing resources for individuals and groups determined by participant needs
- Attending team meetings and supervision
- Additional tasks as directed
- Flexible working options
- Competitive salary
- Supportive, innovative and positive work culture
- Professional development opportunities + monthly supervision
- Quarterly team building activities
- Grow with a small business and develop your skills and practice
- Reasonable KPI’s – 70% client work
- Support to apply for Accredited Mental Health Social Worker accreditation if this is something you would like to pursue
- Mobile phone and laptop provided