Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
Are you passionate about supporting your community?
The role you could play
We are seeking a Specialist Family Violence Practitioner for our Refuge Services! You will provide role crisis response and specialist FV case management services to victim survivors in long-term refuge and transitional housing properties. This role will be positioned within the Victorian Family Violence Supported Accommodation and After Hours Crisis Response Services.
- Specialist case management and crisis support provided to clients
- Ongoing assessment made of victim survivor’s issues, needs and circumstances from initial intake to exit
- Individual case plans are developed in collaboration with victim survivors and include a range of interventions
- Case plans implemented by the victim survivor
- Victim survivors assisted access to holistic support services and establish community connections
This is a permanent full-time position based in Coburg North, VIC. The primary location will be Coburg North however, will work with individuals and families across the northern suburbs of Melbourne. Salary and conditions are in accordance with SCHADS Level 5 Award.
The ideal candidate will have
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work essential
- Experience working in family violence sector desirable
- Experience in specialist family violence and/or child wellbeing work highly desirable
- Demonstrated Case mMnagement experience and skills
- Highly developed time management and work prioritisation skills with an ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision required
- Advanced computer skills including experience in data and record management
- Full Driver’s Licence
Benefits working with The Salvation Army
- We offer our eligible employees NFP salary packaging ($15,900 tax free) plus meals and entertainment benefit ($2,650)
- Health, fitness, financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits;
- Employee Assistance Program – Independent confidential counselling service;
- Opportunity for career development;
- Paid parental leave – 12 weeks
- Up to 8 weeks leave per year through our purchase leave scheme
- Up to 5 days paid leave per year to ‘volunteer’ in a TSA program or activity
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
- Positively supporting and impacting the lives of others through your career contribution
Applications will close as soon as a suitable candidate is secured.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia’s largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.