Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 47 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability.
About the Role:
Exciting opportunity to join motivated team supporting young people in the Northern Rivers.
A part time (3 days a week) position in the Connecting YOU – Homelessness Youth Assistance Program (HYAP) has come up in our Lismore office, with travel to other Social Futures sites in the footprint required. HYAP is a specialised program that supports young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness to navigate family/carer relationships, to get connected with friends, work, school, and the community. This position has flexibility with start and finish times and may suit those with other commitments or who want to work within school hours.
The successful applicant would have a good knowledge of the issues that are faced by young people and excellent knowledge of child protection legislation. If this sounds like you and you would like to be part of the solution and to work within an organisation that understands the growing needs of the communities that it works in – this is the job for you!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in health, psychology, social work, social science or social welfare, health promotion or similar
- Experience providing high quality person-centred individual and/or family therapeutic interventions and/or case management
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with all people to ensure effective relationships
- Demonstrated well-developed organisational, time management and administrative skills with the ability to plan, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining professional boundaries while engaging in person-centred work
About Social Futures:
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer and will actively recruit our workforce from key communities; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQSB, people living with a disability, people with lived experience and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Social Futures is committed to prioritising the safety and well-being of children and upholds the National Child Safe Principles. Working with Children, National Police Check and COVID Vaccination are mandatory requirements for all staff.
- Generous Salary packaging options
- Staff Well-being Program
- Flexible working options
- Opportunity to bank additional days leave per year
- Access to ongoing Learning and Development
- Staff Recognition Program and Organisational Celebration Events
- Organisational paid Parental leave
- Access to Pool Vehicles
How to Apply:
A cover letter demonstrating how your skills, education and professional experience meet the requirements of the role as outlined in the position description, should be submitted with your application.
To access a position description please click apply or click here
Applications close Monday 25 September
For more information about Social Futures please visit our website:
For further information, please contact Lisa Hopwood on 0400 680 300.
Please note: Any advertisements or recommended videos which appear after our clip are generated by YouTube and Social Futures does not have control over what ads are displayed.