About Kid Sense
Kid Sense Child Development is an award-winning business providing paediatric Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology services to children.
Our team of 40+ paediatric professionals operating over 6 metro clinics energetically develop a brighter future for our clients, their families and their teachers. We care for our dynamic team by providing fabulous work perks to ensure they love their job and keep loving it!
Operating on the philosophy of Constant And Never-ending Improvement, we operate a highly professional, systemised, organised and ‘low paper’ working environment where creativity, innovation, technology, and teamwork are strongly encouraged because Little Things Matter Most.
We strive to Enhance our clients skills, to Educate their parents and teachers and to Empower our clinicians to greater professional competence so they can give the very best care to their clients.
We are really proud of our Graduate Program that transforms Graduates with potential into Therapists with confidence and competence!
About the 2024 Graduate Program & Role
The Kid Sense Graduate Program nurtures not just competent therapists but well rounded professionals (a much broader skill set than just clinical competence). This program not only supports you in your graduate year but also looks beyond work force entry to set you up for career success in the long term through actively preparing for leadership skills upon completion of the 6 modules delivered over 24 months.
The (1st) Graduate year focuses on making a difference through assessment and treatment (basic clinical competence). This is then consolidated in the (2nd) Mastery year of understanding specific diagnoses (& subsequent treatment modifications) as well as enhancing professionalism and developing Mentoring skills to new graduates so you learn even more through teaching others and prepare for Leadership roles for those interested.
This supportive 24 month Graduate Program helps you become the best therapist you can be by offering:
- Group learning right alongside approx 8 Speech and OT Graduates.
- Intensive upfront training (on-line learning before you even see a client, group tutorial and hands-on practice) with a team of Multi-D graduates including shadowing professional peers
- Weekly clinical 1:1 supervision meetings with 100+ hours of mentoring and supervision in the first 3 months alone!
- Dedicated Supervisor & Mentor providing daily support to guide you through personal and professional adjustments and challenges.
- Staggered caseload development towards a comfortable and sustainable care load of no more than 5 clients per day
- Group Graduate Mentoring sessions scheduled each school holidays in the first year
- Individualised Supervision Plan (established with your supervisor) to meet your individual training needs to reach confidence and competence.
- Diverse caseload of paediatric clients working alongside multi-D peers in the clinic setting with the option to undertake community visits.
Here is what your first 4 weeks looks like:
- Wk 1– Online training – attend an in-person graduate day then watch online tutorials about on the job skills, resources and instructing required clinical knowledge. Start the job knowing what you need to know even before you see clients!
- Wk 2- Shadowing – Q & A Workshop with Grad team, and shadowing a range of OT and SP team members
- Wk 3-Consulting – Q & A workshop with grad team, Weekly supervision begins, and start clinical treatment (1 a day) with lots of support (minimal caseload)
- Wk 4-Clinical Planning– Continue clinical treatment (minimal caseload, 2 a day) with supervisor support, Support with treatment note writing, treatment planning, goal setting and clinical training, Ask clinical questions during 1:1 supervision.
In parallel to the Graduate Training, this full time largely clinic based role gives graduates the opportunity to:
- Be located in Metro Adelaide: Unley, Walkerville (Walkerville Terrace Shopping Centre), Morphett Vale, Golden Grove (The Grove Shopping Centre), West Lakes (Westfield Shopping Centre) and Glenelg (Jetty Road).
- Nurture our paediatric clients who are experiencing physical, learning, language sensory, intellectual and cognitive difficulties
- Assess and treat paediatric conditions including: sensori-motor, learning, language and literacy difficulties experienced as part of Developmental Delays, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and more
- Educate our clients families and teachers in order to nurture change in skills and the expectations of children
- Enjoy all resources provided
- Be part of a team who offer support and mentoring every day through shared clients and common lunch hours
- Use our Flexibility Policy to suit you, while also building the caseload that you enjoy
- Focus on what you do best – clinical delivery – as admin. support is provided
- Enjoy Paid Administration time
Benefits & Work Perks
This Graduate Program (permanent) positions also offer:
- Positive team culture with a fun and social team focus and amazing support both formally and informally
- Learning Modules that develop your professional skills as much as your clinical abilities
- Fully equipped treatment room (no room sharing, and all resources provided including laptop and IPAD)
- Strong Professional Development during the Grad Program & beyond
- Full day (group) Professional Development Days each school holidays with the whole team
- Individual PD Budget
- Guaranteed Annual Salary Review
- Flexibility to flex your schedule and make it work for you. Work From Home is available.
- Additional Leave options able to help you maintain work/life balance
- Strong Health & Well-Being program including access to mental health support through an Employee Assistance Program
- Strong Career Pathway beyond just the Graduate Program into leadership
- 2 tiered Care Recognition (Incentive) scheme for those who wish to earn a little extra
- Well developed systems/procedures so you know what to do, how and when in order to provide high quality service delivery
- Onsite parking and uniform provided
- Fun regular social events across all sites
- Cafes and shopping within walking distance of most locations
This role is ideal for you if you have:
- Little therapy experience but are graduating in 2023 & are itching to learn and start in 2024! (*We don’t expect you to know what you can’t know as a new graduate)
- Strong desire for supportive hands-on training, onsite mentoring, supervision and professional development as you learn to change lives
- Value a strong career pathway with mentoring and supervision and later leadership opportunities
- Desire to work with children and their families in the clinic setting while focused on supporting them in their community (community visits optional).
- SPA Membership
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to quickly establish rapport with clients, families and professionals
- Positive ‘Can Do’ attitude
- Ability to take initiative and to work independently as well as part of a team
- Passion to make a difference in the lives of children, their parents and their teachers
- Clinical interest (or placement experience) in working with school aged children and under 5 year olds with:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Development Delays
- Learning Delays and Disorder
- Speech & Language Delays and Disorders
- Sensory Processing Disorder
- Physical, Cognitive, Attention and Language delays
- Literacy difficulties
Kick start your professional career with supported skill development towards clinical and professional competence.
Apply now to secure preferred clinic location.
First round offers Close 22 August 2023.
For more information about Kid Sense, visit https://childdevelopment.com.au/careers/graduate-program/