About Youth Off The Streets
Youth Off The Streets is a not-for-profit youth organisation that provides safety, support and opportunities for young people to build a positive future. We offer crisis accommodation and housing services, alternative high school education, alcohol and other drugs counselling, youth justice support, life skills and employment programs, cultural support and community engagement, among other services. We focus on early interventions that empower young people and strengthen communities.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Strategy & Projects Manager to work closely with our Leadership Team in developing and managing our YOTS’ strategy frameworks.
- Work with the YOTS Leadership Team to manage the development of YOTS’s strategy planning frameworks and facilitate successful implementation of YOTS five-year strategy.
- Review, develop and maintain oversight of the implementation and improvement of YOTS business planning frameworks including planning and reporting processes, budgeting and individual action plans.
- Facilitate workshops with leaders and cross-functional teams.
- Lead the design, execution and review of key strategic projects, build organisational capabilities, and enable business performance improvement.
- Act as a champion and advocate for all strategic projects.
- Assist the Leadership Team in establishing targets and metrics for reporting.
- Undertake analysis of organisational performance and application of key business metrics, preparing presentations, and other management reporting to present key insights to the Leadership Team, the Board and other stakeholders.
- Identify, analyse, and monitor key opportunities and constraints that impact on the success of YOTS strategic goals and propose opportunities for enhancement and evolution of the YOTS’s strategy and business.
Skills and Abilities:
- Able to influence stakeholders and drive for outcomes.
- Ability to build and develop exceptional consultative relationships with a diverse workforce and all levels of leadership.
- Demonstrated aptitude for strategic thinking.
- Able to think analytically, be proficient in data analysis, organisational performance metrics and reporting.
- Strong research skills, and ability to create and communicate organisational insights.
- Demonstrated capacity to respect and work effectively with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of diverse cultural background.
- Demonstrated success in continuous improvement, change leadership and change management.
- Management experience in a Not-for-profit or For-Purpose environment would be highly valued.
The person we seek will have the following:
- Demonstrated strong understanding of and/or experience with innovative approaches, such as Design Thinking / Human Centred Design.
- Tertiary qualification in Strategy or Business, or equivalent experience in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in the strategy environment, and/or related field.
What we can offer you:
- Flexible working arrangements
- A supportive team environment
- Career progression and development pathways
- EAP for yourself and your family
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Rewards and benefits program
Please ensure you enclose a copy of your resume with your contact details and cover letter addressing the essential criteria (2 pages maximum).
At Youth Off The Streets, diversity, equity and inclusion are part of our DNA. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our people. It fuels our innovation and connects us closer to our customers and the communities we serve.
Youth off The Streets is an EEO Employer and a child safe organisation
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
The successful candidate will be requested to submit an applications for a NSW Working With Children Check and Police Check. You will also be required to have a valid Australian Drivers Licence and unrestricted Australian working rights.
We encourage people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander to apply for this position.