Support for Learning
The University of Southern Queensland is committed to strengthening quality and excellence in our students’ experience and enhancing student success by providing a coordinated whole-of-University approach to ensuring student success. An opportunity now for you to play an integral role in this whole-of-University approach and assist in transforming the lives of our students and communities through innovative, flexible, and student-focused education.
The Wellbeing Team is a multi-disciplinary team providing direct services to students through psychological services and wellbeing support and works with academic staff on curricular and co-curricular initiatives to promote student wellbeing. Extra-curricular wellness initiatives include Mental Health First Aid, By-Stander Awareness, coordination of inclusivity programs, and other programs to support the psychological and physical safety of UniSQ students.
This position will be based at the Ipswich Campus.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Manager (Wellbeing), you will actively contribute to the development and provision of services and programs relating to the key priority areas for student welfare and matters which may affect student progression and success. Additionally, you will:
- build and maintain partnerships with external organisations to increase services to students and aid in referral pathways
- contribute to students’ wellness through mental health and wellbeing triage and risk assessment, referral and care coordination
- provide strategic advice in relation to relevant trends and issues
- contribute to formal report writing and evaluation of service delivery.
What will help you succeed
- A degree in human/social services, community services, social work, psychology, or education with relevant experience
- Eligibility for a Blue Card
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and information in relation to a range of wellbeing needs such as accommodation, finance, or personal crises to a diverse student population
- Applied knowledge of current equity and diversity issues as they affect Australian higher education students
- Demonstrated experience in organising and prioritising projects and tasks to achieve high-quality work outcomes
- Accurate record-keeping and preparation of reports and evaluation data.
The University offers a range of different ways of working and connecting across our physical and virtual spaces to meet the needs of our students, partners and community. We value diversity and strive to foster an inclusive environment that is underpinned by our values and champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from all diversity groups. With an increasingly diverse workforce, we understand that careers may be placed on hold or limited throughout many life circumstances.
Find out more about UniSQ at www.usq.edu.au
Reference Number: 0252_07/23
Location: Ipswich campus
Term: Part-time continuing appointment (18 hrs/week)
Salary: Total remuneration range $53,483 to $59,139 pa (includes salary range of $45,190 to $49,970 pa, employer super contributions of 17% and annual leave loading)
Closes: Sunday, 20 August 2023
At UniSQ we are united by our core values of Respect, Integrity and Excellence, which guide our daily actions and decision-making.
To be considered for this position, you will need to have the right to work in Australia.
If you know that this role is right for you, please submit your current resume together with a two-page (maximum) statement, outlining your skills and experience relative to ‘Who we’re looking for’ in the position description.