VIT strives to imbue students with the knowledge, skills and abilities to become creative, self-motivated professionals with both specialist knowledge and high skill levels in their chosen area of work.
ABOUT THE ROLE (Adelaide Campus location) – Casual
It is a professional, confidential service available to all students free of charge on a short-term basis.
We are currently seeking a student-centred counsellor to support our students. You will provide a range of advice and counselling services to individual students, including face to face, telephone and crisis counselling, to facilitate successful learning outcomes and enrich their personal and social well-being. Some strategies and modes used include one on one counselling, group programs and teamwork with other staff. As part of the counselling team, you will work collaboratively with the broader Student Services team and external stakeholders.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Offer initial and basic counselling to students regarding study progression, load, and non-academic minor personal issues and refer to professional counselling organisations as appropriate
- Provide individual and group counselling to students
- Assess students’ needs and develop appropriate case management plans
- Follow-up on issues and/or students who are identified as being at risk
- Identify issues affecting students and develop responses to those issues
- Provide support to staff in regard to managing/supporting students
- Highly developed communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with students and staff at all levels
- Familiarity with the welfare funding levers, human rights and related legislation
- Extensive experience working with culturally diverse clients in a counselling or support role
- Knowledge of local agencies and ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships with service providers
We are seeking a client centric and compassionate person with a Bachelor degree or higher qualification in Psychology and or Counselling
Membership or registration with professional bodies like ACA.
Minimum 2 years’ experience as a counsellor in a tertiary education environment.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews. Work Condition: Right to live and work in Australia.
All employment contracts will be managed by Further Ed.
Please note applications will be reviewed as they are received and as such, the interview process may commence immediately on receiving your application.
We will be in touch with shortlisted applicants only.