The Student Counsellor is responsible for creating a caring College environment which recognises the diversity of students & supports student success.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- A degree in Psychology with AHPRA registration and eligibility for membership of the Australian Counselling Association, or a degree in Social Work with eligibility for membership of the AASW as a Mental Health Social Worker combined with substantial relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated competence in counselling and group work with an understanding of counselling frameworks relevant to tertiary education.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and delivery of student support programs for students, preferably in a tertiary environment.
- Competence in providing consultancy services to students and staff in pastoral and management roles to assist them in dealing with distressed and/or unwell students.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly acquire knowledge of, relevant legislation and policies and procedures relating to international students.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of workplace health and safety with a demonstrated ability to incorporate these principles in day-to-day tasks.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and oral communication skills, with a proven ability to consult, counsel and liaise with a wide range people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively monitor and coordinate a workload which may consist of multiple tasks of varying priorities.
What we can offer you:
- Work for a highly reputable global company
- Excellent working conditions in a fun environment
- Modern facilities and technology with excellent resources
- Ongoing professional development
- Potential career opportunities within the broader Navitas Group
Navitas is a leading global education provider that has helped generations of learners transform their lives through education. We create life-changing opportunities to learn by delivering an extensive range of educational services to over 70,000 aspirational students across our global network each year.
Diversity and Inclusion
Navitas promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and diverse community groups.
How to apply:
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully. For enquiries about the role, please contact Kerry Valentine at [email protected]
Applications close on Monday, 18 September 2023 at 5.00pm however, we reserve the right to progress or confirm applicants prior to close date. Applications received after the close date may be considered pending the recruitment process.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage.
For more information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and undergo a criminal record check.