Student Counsellor or College Psychologist
Fixed term contract
Part-time – (0.6 – 0.8 FTE) – days of work to be negotiated
Catholic Regional College North Keilor, a Year 7 – 10 secondary College is seeking a suitably qualified and highly experienced part-time Student Counsellor or College Psychologist to join the College until the end of the 2023 school year with an immediate start.
About the position:
The Student Counsellor or College Psychologist actively supports students, who are facing a range of barriers to learning, to achieve their educational and developmental potential by providing a range of strategies and specialised support at the individual, group, school and family levels.
This role works in collaboration with the Wellbeing Team in the school, which comprises the Assistant Principal Wellbeing, Director – Student Services, Psychologist, Counsellor, House Leaders, and the Learning Diversity Coordinator.
Please refer to the role description for a full list of duties, available from www.crcnk.com.au
To be successful, you will:
- Qualification in Bachelor of Social Work; Bachelor of Youth Work; Bachelor of Psychology; Bachelor of Counselling; or higher
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Work (AASW) Code of Ethics and Standards for School Social Work practice
- Maintains current knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and abides by said laws and regulations with emphasis on persons with disabilities, child welfare, mental health, confidentiality, and student and parent rights
- Maintains accurate case records and documentation; and
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in the management of emotional, developmental and mental health concerns relevant to adolescents
- Approachable and professional therapeutic style
- Experience and knowledge in a range of counselling methods
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- The ability to respond effectively in managing a crisis
Why join CRC North Keilor?
We take pride in being an inclusive, faith community that welcomes and values all the students, families and staff at our College. You will be part of a supportive, inclusive and positive environment.
Applications for this position close at 5pm Monday 14 August.
We are a child safe school, committed to a safe and nurturing environment for all young people.