About the role
The role is responsible for the advocacy and promotion of the Institute’s wellbeing and safety initiatives at the local campus level. The Student Support Advisor will work closely with the local Campus Manager and National Manager of Counselling – Wellbeing and Success, to customise national wellbeing and safety initiatives to the specific needs of the campus. Student Support Advisors may also be called upon to support the application of the Institute’s Critical Incident Policy.
The person we seek will ideally have the following:
- A degree in a relevant area (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Behavioural Science) and relevant work experience; or a diploma in a relevant area (e.g. Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, Behavioural Science) and extensive relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated capacity to provide professional services in at least two of the service areas. (i.e. international student support, disability advice and personal counselling), and the capacity to rapidly acquire knowledge of, and skills to perform the duties of all service areas.
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant legislation, including the Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) Act 2000, the National Code 2017, as well as the Disability Standards for Education 2005 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cth).
- Experience in the development and delivery of programs, resource materials, workshops and seminars to students using a diverse range of delivery methods.
What we can offer you:
- Career opportunities globally and professional development
- Fun, creative, modern facilities on a central campus
- Collegial and collaborative environment with the aim of academic excellence
- Health & Wellbeing packages which include free counselling for employees and family, discounted movie tickets, discounts on travel, accommodation and insurance
Established in 1976, SAE Creative Media Institute provides niche creative media programs to about 10,000 students at more than 50 campuses around the world.
SAE is recognised for providing students with access to the best industry equipment and facilities, employing teaching staff with strong industry experience and delivering hands-on teaching and learning in small class environments. The Institute engages with industry to develop curriculum that is relevant to local and global workforce needs. Work placements and internships are embedded in SAE programs are pathways to employment.
Globally, SAE offers an extensive suite of creative media programs, from short courses and professional training through to bachelor and postgraduate degrees.
Diversity and Inclusion
SAE promotes and embraces an inclusive and diversified workforce. We believe equality, flexibility, and diversity in the workplace will deliver a rich and collaborative environment for our employees, students, and clients.
We encourage applications from candidates with disabilities, of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, and diverse community groups.
How to apply
Please apply online to lodge your application successfully. For enquiries about the role, please contact Sarah Forman on 0432 023 222.
To our agency partners – thank you for your interest however, we will not be accepting unsolicited applications and we do not require support for this role, at this stage
For more information or to view other opportunities, please visit navitas.com/careers
Successful candidates will require full working rights in Australia and working with children check.