Who we are:
At Torrens University Australia, making a difference is in our DNA. As a Certified B Corporation, we belong to a global community of future-focused companies using business as a force for good. We believe in the transformative power of education to change lives, families, communities – and the world. That’s why we’re on a mission to increase access to higher education, so learners from all walks of life can chase their dreams.
Just like our students, our employees are a diverse group who want to make an impact. When you join us, we give you the freedom to be bold, creative and courageous. We’ve built a culture that celebrates community, collaboration and innovation, where people love what they do.
What’s the job?
Torrens University is Australia’s fastest growing university, and we are building on that success by creating a student experience that leads the way in Australia’s higher education industry. Reporting to Donna Elshafeiy, Senior Student Support Advisor, the purpose of the Student Support Advisor is to play a pivotal role in resolving enquiries from new and existing students attending one of our campuses, ensuring that they are given a best-in-class experience that is consistent across all locations.
The Student Support Advisor will have a strong understanding of multiple platforms and processes and act as a liaison between departments that are involved in enquiry resolution. The role will consult with key stakeholders across the business in order to support the student and resolve cases from beginning to end.
- Act as primary point of contact for students attending campus with a question or concern.
- Deliver and take ownership of student enquiry case management services from beginning to end in line with SLAs and service expectations
- Resolve issues relating to system access, subject selection, student finance and any other enquiries that affect student retention and progression.
- Escalate complex issues appropriately and act as a point of contact to the student until the issue is resolved to the student’s satisfaction.
- Maintain key stakeholder relationships including faculty, Career and Course Advisors, Learning Services and Technology Support, Student Records and Resulting team, Academic Administration, Student Finance and IT.
- Ensure high quality, accurate and timely processing of all student enquiries administered on campus including admissions, enrolment, timetable support, transcripts and statements of attainment, initiating, assessing and resolving academic processes, complying with external regulatory requirements and company policies.
- Provide international student administration services, including enrolment compliance and visa / COE enquiries, complying with external regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures
To read more about the role please click here to View job description
This is a permanent full-time role based in Melbourne, Flinders St Campus.
Who you are
To be successful in this position you will have:
- 2+ years of experience in a front of house, customer service or customer experience role.
- Proven ability to provide a high quality customer experience.
- An understanding of the higher education environment would be advantageous but not essential.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics is highly regarded.
- Proven ability to work in a target and KPI-driven environment.
- Thorough understanding of the key drivers of an excellent UX and CX.
Why join us?
Bold, modern and agile, we’re Australia’s fastest-growing university, going from 164 students in 2014 to 40,000+ alumni across 115+ countries and 2000+ staff today. In 2020, Australian Financial Review named us one of the country’s most innovative companies. As we continue to establish ourselves as a truly global university, we never lose sight of our student-centric approach. Supported by teams of passionate people, you’ll find endless opportunities for professional development and career progression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other protected characteristic.
We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples for all positions.
What we offer:
We support your personal passions, development and wellbeing, to make your working life a more rewarding experience. At Torrens University Australia , you’ll benefit from:
- Study free in a course/degree related to your position
- Flexible working conditions, allowing you to work remotely and from a campus near you
- Access to internal opportunities – Be supported to learn, grow and move across the organisation
We aim to provide you with the necessary information you need at each stage of this process to put your best self forward. If you want to know more, or need assistance or accommodation during the recruiting phase, please contact your recruiter at [email protected]
To learn more about what makes Torrens University Australia a great place to work, visit https://www.torrens.edu.au/blog.
We’d love to hear from you.