Division of Student Life
- Fixed term, full-time appointment (12 months)
- Level 6/7: $83,130 – $102,937 + 17% superannuation
Working collaboratively with students, faculties, divisions and external services the purpose of this position is to provide high quality specialised support and advice to students to enable students to successfully complete their studies. This position provides leadership to the team of Student Support Coordinators. The position applies an evidence-based strengths-based approach, that draws upon students’ individual strengths and challenges in order to facilitate their holistic engagement at UOW. The SSC are essential in meeting the University’s objective of delivering an excellent student experience.
The position is responsible for the coordination and provision of services:
- Mental health support, including; intake, triage, assessment, welfare support, case management and referral
- Academic success activities, including; knowledge and skills to work through complex legislative and policy environments relevant to tertiary education settings, faculty, international student status etc
- Critical incident support, including; mental health first aid, crisis intervention and safety planning
- Health promotion, including; student wellbeing, awareness and training programs and campaigns.
The position requires readiness to establish and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external services and functions. The position delivers support and assistance to students across a continuum of services from, intake, triage and assessment, case management and referral to facilitate student engagement. This role requires excellent knowledge and skills and ability to work through complex legislative and policy environments to directly assist students. The role will also work on a holistic and systemic approach to student wellbeing involving the development of prevention programs, training programs, building knowledge and communities and service improvement actions. This position will deliver services across multiple modes including in person, on campus, phone and online.
Applicants are requested to submit a resume, and cover letter (of no more than 3 pages) summarising your skills and experience as they relate to the selection criteria located in the position description For further information about the role please contact Gabriella Holmes via email [email protected]
Note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Only candidates with valid work rights in Australia are eligible to apply.
The University of Wollongong is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. As an equal opportunity employer, and a recognised leader in gender equality, we encourage and welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and people including: culturally and linguistically diverse, women, disability, LGBTIQ+, and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Closing Date: Thursday 14 September 2023 11:59 PM