Are you someone who possesses exemplary interpersonal and organizational skills, with a keen interest in providing outstanding support to students? Are you looking to be the first point of contact with potential new students, help encourage them to enrol into our program, and then nurture them along their journey?
About the role:
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Student Support Officer level 5.2 to join our dynamic and close-knit team. Reporting to the Sydney Branch Manager, the Student Support Officer is responsible for actioning contacts with prospective students to encourage enrolment, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with enrolled students to encourage study progress, and maintaining relevant student records.
Based at the Institute’s campus in Sydney, the position plays an instrumental role in motivating and engaging students to commence and continue their course of study.
This is a full time permanent role with 6 months probation. Normal hours of work are Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the Student Support Officer include:
- Taking, responding to and following up course enquiries as a priority;
- Contacting potential students about enrolling, and following up by email and call.
- Discussing course and study requirements via phone, email or in person with course enquirers with the view to enrolling them;
- Processing student enrolments and issuing associated paperwork and communications;
- Proactively communicating with enrolled students to establish a positive connection via phone, email, text and in-person including proactively contacting students to encourage progress;
- Following up and liaising with students in relation to their study and progress needs, and updating records and issuing paperwork to reflect this;
- Responding to student queries within a timely and professional manner and updating student records accordingly;
- Providing technical and administrative support as needed to students in the use of the student portal;
- Coordinating and delivering student networking events and meetings including prospective student’s events;
- Liaising with students and resolving matters of concern or complaints with students;
- Achieving student progress and course completion rates;
- Assisting Branch Manager with compilation of statistics and reporting.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- A Diploma-level qualification or sufficient experience equivalent to a Diploma qualification.
- Experience in sales, student support, customer service or similar roles (RTO or similar experience an advantage);
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, communication and organisational skills;
- Demonstrated attention to detail in administrative environments.
Who are we?
The Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors is a private Registered Training Organisation and private provider of Higher Education specialising in the delivery of external education programs in counselling, community services, financial counselling, youth work, relationship counselling and various business courses.
AIPC and our staff are passionate about assisting people formalise their natural helping abilities so they can support others to lead happier, healthier lives.
Why work with us?
We have a strong student-centric, values-driven culture based on the guiding principle: “Empowering people to help others”. The overall purpose of our organisation is for our graduates, through their own work, to positively influence the level of wellbeing and health in our communities. We accept our role in fulfilling this purpose, working with responsibility, passion, expertise and skill, and you can be a part of this.
Our teams develop high quality, applicable courses and programs, and provide an exceptional level of education and service to our students. As such, we have a strong focus on creating an accountable, supportive and engaging work environment built on joint purpose, teamwork, and enthusiasm for what we do.
To find out more about us, please visit https://www.aipc.net.au/
If this sounds like you, please submit your application by attaching your Resume and Cover outlining how you meet the requirements for this position.
Questions about your identity help us appreciate the diversity of individuals looking to work with us, ensuring we’re attracting applications from people with identities and perspectives that are as diverse as our students.
We are an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to equity, we work to ensure a fair and consistent interview process. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to an inclusive work environment.