- Part Time (30.4 hours per week)
- Ongoing position
- Based at Bairnsdale Campus (Some travel will be required)
- Job Reference No. 2390
Integrity, excellence, collaboration, and responsibility are at the heart of our educational philosophy and shape our Organisation’s identity. At TAFE Gippsland, we’re passionate about giving everyone in the Gippsland region the opportunity to undertake quality pre-vocational training.
For over 85 years, we have been helping our Gippsland communities thrive by empowering local students and supporting local businesses. We have campuses throughout eastern Victoria, from Warragul and Leongatha to Bairnsdale and Lakes Entrance, offering a diverse range of training programs.
About the role
The Student Wellbeing Support Team offers a broad range of services for students including short to medium term support and assistance with strategies to help them achieve positive outcomes in their chosen course.
You will use a collaborative approach to assist students in managing wellbeing challenges as they arise. You will serve as the primary point of contact for students seeking general support, advice and assistance and ensure that students are linked to appropriate internal and external parties for further support when required.
You will be an experienced provider of strengths-based support services and an experienced communicator with the ability to build rapport with students. You enjoy engaging with people, building, and maintaining effective relationships, have a proactive approach to your work, and the desire to assist students to gain the skills they need.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant vocational qualifications
- Experience in provision of student services
- Demonstrated commitment and experience in person-centred practice
- Current Victorian Working with Children Clearance
- Current Police Check (not older than 12 months old)
- Current Driver’s Licence (travel between campuses is a requirement of the role)
- 6 months probationary period applies to the role
- Employment with a progressive employer
- Novated Leasing and Salary Packaging
- Flexible working arrangements
- A great culture and supportive team environment
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
- Full on-the-job training and support, along with further professional development opportunities
- Idyllic regional setting in Gippsland
How to apply
To apply for this position please visit the TAFE Gippsland website. Applications are to be submitted online and must include;
- a cover letter addressing the key requirements of the role (see Job Description)
- a current resume.
For specific enquiries relating to this position, please contact Claire McGrath, Student Wellbeing Coordinator on 0438 851 310.
For assistance with the online application process, please contact Damian Skeen from People and Culture on (03) 5152 0727.
Applications close 2.00pm on Tuesday 29 August 2023.
TAFE Gippsland is a Child Safe Organisation and equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion in our workforce and encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities, and identities to apply for our vacancies.
TAFE Gippsland is committed to fair and equitable recruitment and employment processes based on merit, competence and potential. If you would like assistance with your resume and cover letter, please contact the Gippsland Skills and Jobs Centre on 1300 282 317.