Suicide Prevention Community Development Coordinator
- Part time opportunity 30.4 hours per week (4 days)
- Give back to the community in a role which supports mental health
- $47.50per hour + Superannuation + Salary Packaging + 17.5% Leave loading
Wellways is committed to reconciliation, lived experience and inclusivity. We strongly encourage and warmly welcome people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with a lived experience of mental health and disability and people who identify as LGBTIQA+ to apply. Even if you only meet some of the criteria, we’d love to hear from you.
As our ideal candidate you will have a passion for engaging with communities to develop their capacity to prevent and address suicide.
About this opportunity
The aim of this role is to develop and lead the Suicide Prevention Community Action Plan (SPCAP) across Mackay and surrounding regions. The Suicide Prevention Community Development Coordinator will take a systems-based approach to suicide prevention. Applying contemporary suicide prevention frameworks and policy, in particular, the Black Dog Institute LifeSpan Framework, the role will facilitate the development, implementation and review of a shared vision of activities for each community in relation to suicide prevention priorities.
Utilising a collective impact approach, the Suicide Prevention Community Development Coordinator will deliver suicide prevention coordination across the region including facilitating inclusive engagement activities and co-design processes with diverse stakeholders including individuals with lived experience of suicide and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations.
Our aim is to raise awareness about mental health and suicide prevention across the regions and seek to reduce the number of people experiencing significant distress and suicide attempts/deaths in the community.
Wellways is committed and passionate about reducing the stigma associated with suicide.
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Qualifications or extensive experience in Community Development and/or Suicide Prevention
- Experience with program planning, development coordination and delivery
- Relevant qualifications or commensurate experience in working in the mental health or community services sector, generally a Certificate IV qualification minimum
- An ability to develop and maintain and developing stakeholder and community relationships to support suicide prevention initiatives, education and activities
- Current valid Driver’s Licence and the ability to undertake significant travel for the role, including overnight stays in rural locations
- Working With Children Check
- NDIS Workers Screening Check
- Right to Work within Australia
- NDIS Workers Orientation Module Certificate – free online course
- Satisfactory Police Records Check
- COVID 19 Vaccination with Booster or valid medical exemption
Wellways connects people, strengthens families, and transforms communities for individuals of all ages experiencing disabilities or challenges to their social and emotional wellbeing. A leading for purpose mental health and disability support organisation operating nationally, our services span mental health, disability and community care and reach more than 7000 people each year!
Working with a diverse range of people, Wellways creates an inclusive community where everyone can imagine and achieve their hopes and potential.
What we offer
- A purpose driven culture where people can thrive, everyone is respected, and differences are valued
- An equitable, diverse, and socially inclusive work environment
- Salary packaging up to $15,899 enables you to spend a portion of your salary before it is taxed to pay for things like rent, mortgage repayments, car leasing
- Meal and Entertainment allowance via salary packaging up to $2,650 per annum
- Receive 17.5% leave loading every time you take annual leave
- Paid parental leave after 12 months of ongoing employment
- Access for you and your family to our Employee Assistance Program
For a confidential discussion about the role, we encourage you to contact Genevieve Wells – State Manager CDS and Wellbeing on 0437 124 224.
Once you apply, click here for a copy of the Position Description
Wellways is committed to the health and safety of its employees and participants and addressing risks of COVID-19 in the workplace. Wellways requires that all workers be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccination before commencing employment. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of COVID-19 vaccination or valid medical exemption.
Wellways is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. Successful applicants must undergo a comprehensive screening process prior to their commencement