- full-time position based in Melbourne
- work with communities across Victoria
- have a direct impact on saving lives
- extensive intrastate travel and some interstate travel
- previous applicants need not apply.
Wesley Mission is a high profile, multi-faceted Christian organisation making a real difference in the community. We work with the most disadvantaged in our community by providing over 200 services ranging from aged care, homeless services, child and family care, counselling, employment, training and education, and health services.
Our Vision is “A Spirit disciple-making movement: doing all the good we can because every life matters”.
About the program
The Wesley LifeForce Suicide Prevention Networks program is an exciting initiative which focuses on supporting suicide prevention activities through a collaborative and strategic community approach. We are currently expanding this initiative nationally through additional government support.
About the role
Primarily, this role is a community development role and is about engaging communities and developing their capacity to prevent and address suicide through a localised approach. Through building networks of committed local people, you will have the opportunity to walk alongside communities as they develop targeted and sustainable strategies to prevent suicide.
You may have previous experience in working in rural or remote communities, community development or engagement programs, social work or public health.
- qualifications or willingness to complete qualifications in Allied Health or Suicide Prevention.
- knowledge and experience of community development and participatory development practice
- experience in working with groups and group facilitation
- understanding and experience in data collection, database management and report writing skills
- experience in developing and implementing project plans
- excellent organisational skills and the capacity to work with minimal supervision
- current Driver’s Licence.
- an understanding of issues facing rural and remote communities.
Benefits of working at Wesley Mission
- Employee Support Program
- access to discounted health and travel insurance
- career growth and training opportunities in a valuable sector
- attractive tax saving salary packaging of up to $15,900 of your yearly income.
Salary and employment conditions will be negotiated depending on qualifications/experience with the successful applicant.
5pm, 24th August 2023.
Interviews will be held in person on 29-30th August 2023.
Please find a copy of the Position Description here: Suicide Prevention Coordinator | Wesley Mission
Please submit a copy of your CV/resume and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. For further information please contact:
Contact name: Isti Kusmandini
Phone: 0428885632 (Linda)
Email: [email protected]
Please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter addressing all the selection criteria. Only applications which address the essential criteria will be considered.
- brief Zoom meeting to confirm details of the role
- online aptitude testing and a behavioural questionnaire
- in-person interview
- reference and probity checks.
Wesley Mission is a Christian organisation requiring all staff to affirm its values. We are committed to providing an environment in which children can feel safe and valued.
The suitable applicant will be subject to the relevant pre-employment checks for appointment to positions within Wesley Mission. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.