The Way Back Support Service Support Facilitator
- Full time until 30 June 2025 with possible extension
- Multiple positions available due the expansion of the Service
Your new role
In this role, in The Way Back Support Service, as a Support Facilitator, you will provide holistic non-clinical aftercare, practical support and assertive outreach to people directly following a suicideal crisis. Support Facilitators work alongside individuals, in partnership with community agencies to implement a community-based model of suicide prevention care. You will work collaboratively to:
Improve access to high-quality aftercare to support at risk individuals.
- Provide assertive and practical support to access services related to individual needs. Outreach, in home and or community-based support.
- Build capacity of individuals to self-manage distress and improve mental wellbeing.
- Improve links with clinical and community-based services to meet individual needs and circumstances.
- Provide options to Iincrease social connectedness and links to supportive networks.
- Provide a non-clinical case management-style support service.
What you will bring to the role
- Passionate about making a positive change in the lives of people managing suicidality.
- Tertiary qualifications in community, social welfare, Hhealth, or a related discipline.
- Ability to connect with people and offer them support to identified needs.
- Experience working in roles within a recovery orientated service framework for mental health and/or suicide prevention.
- Demonstrated experience working with people with complex support needs across the phases of service delivery including assessment, recovery-oriented practice, community engagement and evaluation of services delivered.
- Current Driver’s licence and willingness to drive in the course of work.
- Proof of Covid 19 Vaccination including the recent booster.
Why work with Wesley Mission Queensland
- Working alongside people who love what they do.
- Salary Packaging – Increase your take home pay!
- Income Protection
- Discounted Allied Health services.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to discounts on Private Health Insurance, Gym Memberships, Travel and more
How to apply
Applications are to be submitted online at www.wmq.org.au by 4 pm of the closing date. To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.