“We support individuals living with mental health challenges to achieve outcomes they value.”
About the Role
- Full time, Permanent Position
- Consumer Service Delivery Level 2 with a salary range of $71,215 – $76,353 per annum + Superannuation
- Salary Packaging arrangements providing tax benefits available for living and entertainment expenses increasing your take home income where part of your wage is paid tax free each pay, savings thousands in tax each year
- Location: Port Macquarie
About your new role
Recovery Coaches will operate as part of a team to provide outreach services to a range of people who access support in the HASI and CLS services. Recovery Coaches will support consumers to engage in their own personal and unique recovery journey and develop new skills, social connections and improve their wellbeing by engaging them as fellow persons.
Recovery Coaches provide a range of rehabilitation and support to consumers, tailored to meet their individual needs. In this role, you will support consumers to engage in their own personal and unique recovery journey and develop new skills, social connections and improve their wellbeing by engaging them as fellow persons. Neami National’s work with consumers occurs within their own community of friends, family, and neighbourhood.
What you will bring to the role?
- Minimum Certificate IV in Mental Health or equivalent
- Strong coaching skills, drawing on your own life experience of enhancing your physical health and wellbeing, overcoming adversity and building resilience to inspire and support consumers in their own unique recovery
- An understanding of the principles and processes of psychological recovery and how to relate to individuals’ unique experiences
- Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a team, to meet program goals and objectives
- Knowledge of complex mental health and drug and alcohol issues
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the recovery model
- People with lived experience and/or Aboriginal background are strongly encouraged to apply
What the role requires:
- National Criminal History Check (Police check) – disclosable outcomes considered
- Current Working with Children Check required before commencement of work
- Current Drivers licence
- Australian Working Rights
What will Neami offer in return?
- Generous leave entitlements including paid parental leave, an Accrued Day Off each month, Gratis Leave and Wellness leave
- Professional development through regular Practice Development sessions and coaching with your supervisor
- Ongoing extensive in-house Learning and Development Programs to encourage learning and skill-building
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Benestar – access a holistic health and wellness offering of supports and resources to Neami staff and their immediate family
- Work flexibility arrangements available for maintaining your work-life balance
How to apply:
The terms and conditions of the role are listed in the position description.
If you have any further questions not addressed in the advertising words or position description,
Applications Close: Sunday 17 September 2023
Be Yourself – Neami values and celebrates diversity including multidisciplinary teams and the unique backgrounds, experiences, and contributions that each person brings to our community. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, people with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that is accessible, inclusive and reflects the community in which we live.