Join us on our journey to create a genuine impact for the community and beyond.
- Salary packaging & novated leasing
- Workforce wellbeing support provider
- Career development & progression support
- Employee referral and milestone reward programs
- Complimentary annual flu vaccinations
- Discounted OSHC services and gym memberships
We strive to give back – together.
3Bridges Community is a Registered Charity and a Not-for-Profit organisation with over 40 years of combined experience in partnering with local communities, and empowering individuals to live their best life, regardless of age, location, disability, or ethnicity. The diversity of our services and programs provide 3Bridges with unique opportunities to connect with the community, in a meaningful and substantial way.
About the role
This position is an exciting new phase within the Student Wellbeing and Engagement Program (SWEEP), delivered by 3Bridges Community in collaboration with Department of Education schools. The role’s purpose is to support young people’s wellbeing, attendance, behaviour, emotional and social development, to help them actively engage in their education in the context of the broader school wellbeing team.
The Outreach Youth Caseworker will have a focus on early intervention and prevention for mental health, wellbeing and family safety, aiming to build relationships with young people, their families, school staff and communities to support a young person’s engagement with their education and community. This role is an outreach-based model, operating in community and through home visiting to connect young people to school and connecting their family network to supports that can provide holistic care and support.
This role is 12 month fixed term part-time with potential to go full-time.
- Provide supportive and wellbeing-focused case work delivered through outreach to young people identified with attendance concerns.
- Engage positively with families and/or caregivers of identified young people to promote collaboration towards wellbeing goals.
- Work from an outreach model to connect young people and their families to existing school wellbeing supports, external services or other community organizations.
- Work from a trauma-informed, culturally-appropriate and evidence-based approach with young people and their families
- Build and maintain strong connections with community networks and support pathways to support young people and the school’s connection to community
- Keep up-to-date case notes of engagements with young people
- Appropriately complete all associated documentation include case plans, referrals, and outreach risk assessments in a timely manner
- Data input into the DEX system as needed
- Ensuring data required for membership, program delivery and feedback is completed and filled out
- Collate yearly service report regarding an overview of services provided, to be given to the school
- Adhering to Department of Education wellbeing policies and processes, where applicable
- Following mandatory reporting and incident procedures and policies
- Minimum Cert IV Youth Work (or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience engaging with casework with young people aged 11-18
- Experience involving the family unit with case planning and support delivery
- Significant experience working with multicultural communities
- Sound understanding of complex case work practices
- Experience conducting home visits and/or outreach as part of service delivery
- Experience working with young people in the areas of mental health, AOD, housing, and/or child protection
- Strong understanding of, and respectfully worked experience with multicultural communities
- Knowledge of trauma-informed, strengths-based and person-centric practice
- Knowledge of working within a school environment
- Experience working with mental health, housing/risk of homelessness and/or domestic and family violence highly regarded
- Knowledge of service delivery and supports in the Canterbury Bankstown LGA is highly desirable
What it means to work at 3Bridges?
Our culture has been formed with a community spirit and passion to give back. 3Bridges Community aims to inspire and encourage our people to be the best they can be, through ongoing training, career opportunities and success as a valued team member.
3Bridges Community is committed to enabling a culture of inclusion and diversity, and to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all. The people we work with and provide support to, come from all walks of life and so do we. We welcome your unique contributions through your experiences, culture, opinions, ethnicity, gender identity and all that makes you an individual.
The successful candidate will require National Police clearance prior to appointment (completed by 3Bridges), valid NSW Working With Children Check clearance and Current NSW drivers’ licence.
For more information, or if you would like to have a confidential discussion, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected]
Please copy and paste the following link into your browser and apply through Bamboo HR portal: