Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest private providers of health care services in Australia, employing more than 16,000 employees (caregivers). We operate 27 hospitals and services comprising more than 3,500 hospital beds, including home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 127 years’ experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
St John of God (SJG) Social Outreach provides compassionate care that empowers individuals, families and communities through a range of community based mental health, homelessness and capacity building services across Western Australia, Victoria, New South Wales and Timor-Leste.
We have been appointed by WA Primary Health Alliance to establish and operate a new Head to Health adult mental health centre in Armadale (expected to open October 2023) and two Head to Health services which will be located in Gosnells and Mirrabooka (expected to open July 2023). The centre will offer free, on-the-spot advice and support and, if needed, assessment and treatment for people with stress, anxiety and other mental health issues with extended hours, while the services will be co-located with other primary care providers and operate on a Monday to Friday basis.
The Head to Health centres and services are part of a federally funded Australian Government initiative aimed at improving access to mental health services for people whose condition is too complex for primary care, but doesn’t meet the criteria for a hospital ED visit.
A key milestone in readiness for the opening of the new Head to Health – Adult Mental Health Services, we are now seeking applications from experienced and qualified Team Leaders to support our new facility in Armadale.
This role will be responsible for the leadership of the mental health programs and care delivered by caregivers. This position will have both leadership and coordination responsibilities for the caregivers within the Head to Health service and may carry a clinical caseload. Successful candidates will also ensure the service reflects the Vision, Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care (SJGHC).
This position is being offered on a permanent full-time basis, working 76 hours per fortnight.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ability to work within and contribute to the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Nursing and current registration with the AHPRA or membership of the relevant professional association or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role in a community based mental health setting including allocation of tasks to other clinical caregivers, and supervision of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience delivering individual and group therapy programs across a variety of mental health presentations in a community mental health setting.
- Demonstrated experience with trauma informed and recovery based practices.
- High-level verbal and written communication skills including negotiation, problem solving, analytical and conflict resolution skills, including ability to work in a team environment along with sound computer literacy.
- Understanding of research and evidence based practice methodologies.
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Working with Children’s Certification
- National Police Clearance (submitted 3 yearly)
- Salary: $124,726 + 11% superannuation
- Salary packaging up to $18,550 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, rent, meal entertainment, holiday accommodation or other everyday living expenses as well as options to salary package benefits above the FBT cap on items such as:
- Novated leasing
- work related expenses
- self-education and
- additional superannuation
- A healthy work-life balance through flexible work options, additional purchased leave & well-being programs
- Employee discount on St John of God Hospital & Medical Services and Private Health Insurance
- Employee support through our dedicated free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dynamic multidisciplinary team
All applicants are asked to submit a covering letter (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria available on the last page of the position description available via this link Team Lead Head to Health Social Outreach.pdf
St John of God Social Outreach is committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in its care and proactively takes measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.
For enquiries on this position please contact Ruth Lawrence, Manager Head to Health on 0499 630 103
Applications will be reviewed throughout the advertising period and interviews conducted regularly, so apply today!
Applications close September 1st