Realise your potential, with the support of our village. As a not-for-profit, SDN has delivered early childhood education, children’s therapies, and family support services since 1905. We’re one of Australia’s most respected children’s services organisations, with 650+ staff across 37 sites in NSW and the ACT. Build a career you’re proud of, with networking, training, and promotion opportunities.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of Caseworkers to ensure the delivery of the Family Preservation program, in compliance with relevant legislation and regulations, program and practice guidelines and SDN policies and procedures.
- Work within the service provision guidelines and Thriving Families, SDN’s Family Centred Framework by maintaining a focus on child wellbeing outcomes which are managed through mandatory reporter guidelines and effective safety planning with the family and their village.
- Engage in a way that aligns with the Thriving Families behaviours and principles and manage your direct reports to be accountable to these behaviours and principles in their work.
- Ensure direct reports are delivering the Thriving Families Framework and SafeCare to fidelity, working closely with Fidelity Coaches and the Interdisciplinary Innovation team to ensure alignment.
- Oversee referral and assessment processes to support the program to meet contractual obligations, ensuring staff are allocated a full caseload of between 7-11 families at any one time (calculated on employed hours) maintaining regular face to face contact, informed by child protection risks and the families progress on their project/s ensuring service delivery is responsive and flexible to meet 65% direct work.
- Ensure continuous improvement through the development of quarterly improvement plans (QIP’s) with your team aligned with the Thriving Families Framework ensuring progression each quarter demonstrated through achievement of QIP goals and development of new goals.
To view the position description, please follow the link below or copy and paste into web browser: https://www.sdn.org.au/media/3411/team-leader-july-2021.pdf
As part of our Family Preservation team, you will support case workers to coach caregivers so that they can support their children to thrive. You will work collaboratively with the SDN Village, valuing diversity of thought in your practice.
Our village will nurture your career; caseworkers are given the opportunity to engage in Fidelity Coaching and SafeCare for trained Providers. You can test & pilot innovative practices, and make a difference across the whole organisation.
Who you are
- University qualifications in social work, psychology or equivalent
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC) and National Police Check
- Experience working within a community services and / or child and family social work environment at an operational management or a senior practitioner level
- Demonstrated ability to coach others in the provision of effective child and family centred practice
- Demonstrated commitment to child focused practice, well developed understanding of Child Protection practices, a sound understanding of legislation and an ability to effectively assess, prioritise and manage risks to child wellbeing
- Experience working with vulnerable and complex children and families in an early intervention context, including those from different cultural backgrounds
- Well-developed leadership skills and an ability to lead a team of professionals in a challenging and changing environment
- Supportive, tactful and empathetic nature with the ability to make clear judgements that promotes the rights, interests and wellbeing of children
- NSW Driver’s licence.
- Discounted childcare fees & priority placement for your children
- Generous leave entitlements, including 12 days personal/carer’s leave, paid parental/ partner leave, access to purchased leave (up to 2 weeks), paid study leave, access to long service leave after 5 years, paid domestic violence leave, and an extra paid leave day between Christmas and New Year (NSW)
- Employee Assistance Program (free counselling service)
- Paid Work Health and Safety training including First Aid and CPR
- Up to $500 Finder’s Fee for referrals
- Monthly and Annual Rewards and Recognition Program
- Full salary packaging
- Travel Reimbursements
- Professional training and development
- Hybrid working arrangements
What it’s like to work with our village
When you join SDN, you join a village that partners with families to enrich young lives. Our team is here to help you explore your interests and unleash your talents. We learn and grow together, sharing tools, resources, and knowledge.
At SDN, everyone is welcome and respected. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to relevant pre-employment checks including Working with Children Check (NSW), National Police Check and Covid 19 vaccination in line with government regulations.
If you believe that by working together we can make the world a better and more equitable place, then we’d love to hear from you.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.