Embarking on a career journey with Social Futures means becoming part of a mission that goes beyond just a job. We are a voice for social change in regional Australia, with a history spanning over 47 years. Your role within our Children Youth and Families program, will allow you to:
- Lead a team of Program Workers in the Reconnect and Getting it Together programs across the Northern Rivers.
- Provide accessible, inclusive and culturally safe supports to young people and their families who are experiencing relationship difficulties, AOD use and who need support to get back on track.
- Use your knowledge of the challenges children, young people and their families face, to achieve optimum outcomes
Joining us, you’ll guide a team of diverse and dedicated individuals who are focused on providing support through evidence based best practice. From delivering group activities within community to individual support sessions, your work will be diverse and impactful.
This role is a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills. Here’s how it will help transform your career:
- Gain valuable experience managing a team of diverse staff
- Expand your network by collaborating with a range of community-based organisations
- Broaden your skill set through diverse and meaningful work
At Social Futures, we believe in the value of your voice, and we are dedicated to making positive changes every day. We’ve got your back in providing a supportive and inclusive workplace, one that celebrates diversity and promotes inclusion. Here, your well-being matters to us.
Among the benefits, we offer flexible working options, access to ongoing learning and development, generous salary packaging options, a staff well-being program, and the opportunity to bank additional days leave per year. Additionally, we prioritise safety and uphold that Social Futures isn’t just a workplace; it’s a community.
Here, we believe in inclusivity, integrity, and learning. Why you’ll like working with us:
- Your voice will be valued and heard in our mission to support positive social change
- You’ll be part of a supportive, diverse, and inclusive environment where we celebrate individuality
- We prioritise your wellbeing, with benefits such as External Supervision, flexible working options
We are looking for a passionate leader with a desire to make a difference. The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in health, psychology, social work, social science or social welfare, health promotion or similar.
- Demonstrated experience in a management role in the social and human services sector.
- Experience and knowledge of working with young people presenting with mental health and/or other complexities including trauma, homelessness and substance use.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends and models of service delivery for community, family, housing, employment and/or youth programs.
- Excellent relationship, negotiation and conflict management skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain strong and effective relationships with government/funders, service providers, staff, peers and key stakeholders in the local community.
- Experience in implementation and monitoring of quality assurance processes across customer service programs, including managing risk and program evaluation.
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruit from key communities; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQSB, people living with a disability, people with lived experience and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
How to Apply:
A cover letter demonstrating how your skills, education and professional experience meet the requirements of the role as outlined in the position description, should be submitted with your application.
To access a position description please click apply or click here
Applications close Thursday 28 September
For more information about Social Futures please visit our website:
For further information, please contact Kiara McBeath on 0477 547 888.
Please note: Any advertisements or recommended videos which appear after our clip are generated by YouTube and Social Futures does not have control over what ads are displayed.