selectability is a not-for-profit charity committed to improving mental wellbeing and contributing to suicide prevention across regional Queensland.
We provide and coordinate NDIS supports, offer clinical services and deliver government funded mental wellbeing, carer and youth support programs.
We are one of the largest providers of mental health services across our diverse footprint – extending from Cairns to Rockhampton and Palm Island to Mount Isa … and growing.
Our focus is always the individual and their goals and aspirations.
At selectability our values define what we stand for and how we work.
Commitment… Consumers, their goals and their rights are everything
Accountability… We take responsibility for our actions
Compassion… We understand and care deeply about our consumers
Respect… We acknowledge that everyone is different and promote equal human rights
Integrity… We do the right thing even when no one is looking
Innovation… We believe that every day is an opportunity to improve
Positivity… We engender courage and passion for a better future
About the role
As Team Leader, Club house, you will oversee the delivery of programs and services supporting the mental wellbeing of our consumers.
You will utilise your knowledge and experience to mentor your team, ensuring excellence in consumer service and further growing our business.
This is a varied role and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- participate in the intake process for new participants
- improve access to support services, mental health outcomes and equality in service availability for the individuals and groups across our footprint
- conduct community engagement
- facilitate group activities
- facilitate community education
- oversea the delivery of programs and services including documentation of daily activity statistics and reporting in line with
work with other selectability services to support consumers as required
- mentor or coach staff in best practice
- ensure compliance with relative industry standards
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a positive attitude and is committed to best practice
- Has relevant qualifications in Mental Health (Minimum Cert IV Mental Health, Community Services or other related field)
- Has experience leading teams, programs and services in mental health, disability or community services;
- An in-depth knowledge of the NDIS guidelines and processes
- Strong computer skills with the ability to complete required reporting
You will also need:
- persuasive written and excellent presentation skills
- experience working in a team environment
- a current minimum P1 “C” class Queensland drivers’ licence
- a currently registered, roadworthy, and fully comprehensive vehicle
- a Positive Notice Working with Children (blue card) (or the ability to obtain prior to commencement)
- a current yellow card exemption or an NDIS Worker Screening Clearance (or the ability to obtain prior to commencement)
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module ‘Quality, Safety & You’ completion certificate (visit https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au to access this free module).
- First aid and CPR Certificate (or ability to obtain within the first 30 days of employment)
About the offer
We offer a range of benefits including:
- Up to $15,900 FBT salary packaging benefits
- Salary $82,043 per annum
- 50% discounted training via our RTO
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career pathways and opportunities for development
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential counselling support for employees and direct family members
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience and why you are the best person for this role.