Community Mental Health Senior Clinician
RPN 4 / Team Leader
- Full Time Ongoing Position – 80 hrs per fortnight
- Attractive working conditions including 5 weeks of Annual Leave + ADOs
- Faciliate the delivery of Evidence-Based interventions
- Waratah Clinic – Moonee Ponds
The Inner West Area Mental Health Service (community mental health team) is a collaborative and supportive work environment committed to providing evidence-based treatments to consumer and carers with serious mental illness. We are located in the midst of the lovely Puckle Street precinct surrounded by cafes, parks and public transport (trams, trains and buses).
Your new role:
- Delivery of evidenced based treatment and interventions that support consumers with complex mental health related needs and their families/carers
- Support the team and other staff in clinical decision making
- Actively lead in discipline specific and multidisciplinary team activities and meetings
- Provide expert opinion regarding diagnostic impressions, formal diagnostic assessments, feedback on process considerations and treatment planning considerations/advice
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the team (e.g. workload management, support staff with clinical decision-making, staff recruitment, orientation and retention).
- You have a qualification as an OT, Social Worker, Clinical Psychologist or Registered Psychiatric Nurse, with extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability
- Ready to develop your leadership skills while still providing direct clinical interventions
- Experience in at least one area of practice that aligns with the endorsed practice domains of the IWAMHS and have capacity and willingness to actively work using these approaches with consumers and carers
- Current knowledge of effective evidence-based interventions appropriate to low prevalence disorders such as schizophrenia, bipolar affective disorder, personality disorder and substance abuse
Why work with us?
- The Inner West Area Mental Health Service offers a vibrant, dynamic, collaborative and supportive work environment
- We are a passionate group of people who love to work hard offering evidenced based services
- You will help us achieve the highest standards of care and recovery for our consumers
- In return, you will be supported to undertake continuous professional development and enjoy the work that you do
- We have good processes and supports in place to help you organise your day and do it well
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
Interested? Apply now!
If you are looking for a challenging role and can demonstrate the above capabilities, connect with us.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check, and where applicable, Working With Children Check. All RMH employees are required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment including evidence of vaccination against COVID-19 (3 doses) and Influenza with a TGA approved vaccine (mandatory for all clinical and or patient facing roles) prior to commencement. This is in accordance with the Victorian Minister of Health’s Mandatory Vaccination Orders for COVID-19 and legislated requirement for influenza vaccination.
Don’t delay, apply now! – recruitment is ongoing, with interviews commencing as soon as suitable candidates are received.