The Organisation: Strive Occupational Rehabilitation (ARPA Accredited)
We’ve been helping people rebuild lives and reconnect to work through health and wellbeing outcomes since 2005. We believe that people are the centre of every organisation, and when people feel connected at work, they thrive. Our mission is to help individuals and teams bring out the best in themselves, their colleagues and the organisation. And we do this every day by taking a different approach to occupational rehabilitation: we’re not just returning people to work, we’re helping them thrive in the workplace.
Strive is an equal opportunity employer supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our workplace culture is enriched by differences in ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age and family arrangements. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Our company is built on values of integrity, respect for others and a commitment to quality health and wellbeing outcomes.
The Role: Team Leader – Senior Consultant – Toowoomba
Strive recognises that we have an extremely rare opportunity for a new leader within our Toowoomba Team to assist with the growth and development of our existing team of Consultants, as well as to assist with onboarding of new Consultants into the future.
The role will require someone who is willing to put themselves out there and take on the responsibilities of the Toowoomba and Darling Downs region including marketing, customer liaison, contributing to existing partnerships and developing new partnerships with key stakeholders. The role would suit someone who is looking to build their leadership skills and take on the role of mentoring other Consultants within the Toowoomba region as well as within Strive as a whole.
The role is permanent-ongoing, and we would be looking for someone to commit to this role for the long-term, in order to provide time and opportunity to build ongoing and meaningful relationships with customers within the region, and also with Consultants.
As industry leaders in complex case management, Strive’s approach has a strong focus on early intervention in our engagement with a number of clients including critical incident response, onsite support and team support services.
This role provides the opportunity to join a variety of existing projects across Queensland, engaging with clients onsite in their workplace, with a focus on upskilling, training and debriefing.
Reporting into Strive’s General Manager, you will be tasked with the following:
Team Leader tasks
- Continue to work within the growth strategy and business plan of Strive for the Toowoomba region
- Business Development opportunities will include involvement in management meetings, marketing meetings, regional catchups, setting regular goals for customer meetings, engaging in regular stakeholder events within the region, as well as providing an excellent level of customer service and occupational rehabilitation service delivery
- There is opportunity to join existing projects as well as collaborate on possibilities for future pilot programs within the region
- Mentoring and leading a team of Consultants within the Toowoomba team including engagement in individual case reviews, report reviewing, individual times/check-ins, responding to staff requests, leave approvals, office/administration management, etc.
- Supporting the General Manager as required with management of workflow allocation and referral requests
- Responding to and developing quotes and proposals in response to customer / stakeholder requests
- Where required, supporting the SEQ, Gold Coast and FNQ Team Leaders to manage workflow and referral allocations within their respective regions
- Management of a case load and an agreed upon billable commitment that will strike a balance between consulting and case management, leading and mentoring a team, as well as achieving marketing and business development targets
- Case management will include working with clients with a broad range of physical and psychosocial needs and may include a mix of workers compensation, state government, DVA, QSuper, CTP and one-off assessments
- Delivery of projects and programs for Strive customers
- Case load will require regional travel throughout Toowoomba and the Darling Downs region, as well as throughout regional Queensland as needed.
Skills and Experience we’re looking for:
- We’re looking for someone who shares our vision of helping individuals and teams be connected through work.
- We welcome applicants who are curious, driven, show initiative and are empathetic.
- You will value your skills of the heart as much as you do skills of the head, and will be excited at the opportunity to demonstrate our values of integrity, respect for others and a commitment to providing quality health and wellbeing outcomes.
- You will bring a collaborative mindset and fresh ideas and new thinking to the team, and also enjoy working independently.
- You will have excellent time management and organisational skills and strong communication skills in your ability to liaise with clients and will be encouraged to develop your own innovative health prevention projects and participate collaboratively in developing a growth strategy within the region that fits within Strive’s Business Plan.
- You will also be able to travel and stay in regional areas as part of your role where required.
- Strive will provide you with a fleet vehicle as part of your salary package to assist with ease of travel. You will also be provided a laptop, mobile phone and iPad.
- It is essential that you live within the Toowoomba and Darling Downs region, or are willing to relocate.
- It is essential you have a minimum of two years occupational rehabilitation experience.
- If you want to consider an exciting opportunity to really shape and create your own customer base to help make a real and tangible impact on the lives of others, then we encourage you to apply for this role.
- Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Psychologist, Exercise Physiologist, Rehabilitation Counsellor or equivalent tertiary qualification
- You will work more closely with Strive’s Leadership Team and have the opportunity to develop your own business management skills and leadership skills
- You will be given the opportunity to grow and shape the region and grow Strive’s customer base
- You will be mentored by Strive’s General Manager and be able to tap in consistently to Strive’s Senior Leadership Team
- We offer flexibility around hours and remuneration based on billable hours commitment and experience
- We offer an environment where you will be a valued part of a workplace culture that is supportive and fun
- Up to $1,000 per year towards professional development opportunities
If you share our passion for early intervention, are up to the challenge of complex case management and interested in a wide variety of project-based work, then we’d like to hear from you.
Please attach a one-page cover letter summarising your suitability for the role and your CV to the attention of Chris Merrilees, General Manager.
Please note You must have the legal right to live and work in Queensland to apply for this job.