- A rare and exciting opportunity to lead a passionate team
- Permanent Full-Time position
- Competitive salary + exceptional benefits and on-site parking
At DVConnect our aim is for all relationships to be free from domestic, family and sexual violence. We are the only service providing a state-wide response across Queensland through our Womensline, Mensline and Sexual Assault Helplines to meet the safety needs of those living with domestic and family violence. We also provide specialist therapeutic counselling support across Australia, within the national 1800RESPECT program.
This is a great opportunity for an empowering and experienced individual to lead our 24/7 Womensline team and Sexual Assault Helpline while also supporting our Service Delivery Manager. In this role you will explore and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that quality-of-service delivery is exceptional.
On a day-to-day basis you will provide operational support and leadership, mentoring and coaching, decision making and learning opportunities for the team. The role is also required to participate in an on-call roster to ensure 24/7 support is available to the team.
What you need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences or other appropriate qualifications.
- 4+ years in a leadership role and/ or similar experience.
- Strong practice background working in a crisis service, ideally within the domestic and family violence sector and exposure to a 24/7 service environment.
- Positive Notice Blue Card or ability and willingness to obtain.
- Well-developed knowledge and analysis of the effects, causes and dynamics of domestic and family violence.
- Knowledge of Queensland Domestic Violence Legislation, particularly the Domestic and Family Violence Protection Act 2012.
- Demonstrated capacity to supervise, engage, retain, and support staff in a way which ensures consistency of service delivery.
- Advanced telephone counselling and risk assessment skills, preferably in domestic violence and crisis work.
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast paced, high demand and complex work environments, maintaining a calm and supportive disposition with good self-care practices in place.
- High level of interpersonal, negotiation and mediation skills and the capacity to provide support to Counsellor’s during crises that occur on shift.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background checks, including a National Police Check, Working with Children Check (Blue Card), referee checks and proof of eligibility to work in Australia.
Why join DVConnect?
- Friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence.
- Above Award conditions including paid parental leave, additional leave provisions; improved penalty rates and more generous long service leave provisions.
- Family friendly workplace.
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided.
- Competitive salary and benefits including generous salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount programs available.
- Opportunity for ongoing professional development.
Interested? Apply online today!
If this sounds like the role for you then don’t delay in submitting your application as this position is available now! To apply please ensure that you:
- Submit your current CV and a maximum 2-page cover letter detailing why you are the right fit for the role and how your skills and experience meet the essential requirements.
If you would like more information about the Team Leader position, please email [email protected].
DVConnect is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.
All applications will be treated on their merits. Please note those applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and/or the right to work in Australia cannot be considered. We thank you for your application however only those shortlisted will be contacted.