We have a newly created role in our NDIS program, ideal for someone who wants to provide direct support to people experiencing mental health challenges in the community and is looking to take on some leadership responsibilities.
The position is Permanent full-time, on a level 3 SCHADS Award. The Position would be based out of our Rockingham Office.
At MIFWA we:
- Know recovery is possible for everyone
- Look after one another so that we can be our best
- Are grounded and connected to people as they guide us in the support that optimises their recovery
- Want all our people to thrive at work
- Face challenges as an opportunity to grow and learn
- Work with people affected by mental health issues in a way that is meaningful to them.
- Have a look at our website if you are keen to find out more about us 🙂 https://www.mifwa.org.au/
As a Team Support Worker, you will work closely with Team Leaders providing valuable support when required. This could include assisting with administrative tasks, completing documentation, getting documentation signed and assisting with pay run tasks. This role will also play a critical role in providing leave cover for Team Leaders when needed (Higher Duties).
A large component of the role will also be to provide important support cover support to participants. This may occur when support workers are unavailable or new participants are waiting for support to commence. This could involve assisting people with budgeting, cooking, grocery shopping, socialising, accompanying people to medical appointments and transport needs.
Team Support Workers are key to achieving MIFWA’s mission and vision by assisting Team Leaders in their role as well as ensuring continuity of supports to participants when support workers are unavailable.
Does this sound like you:
- You are a people person and are able to engage and build relationships with a variety of people.
- You have experience leading and getting the best out of people.
- You have great organisational skills.
- You are flexible and adaptable and have good time management.
- You welcome challenges and see them as an opportunity to be creative.
- You are a natural coach and support others to learn, grow and overcome any barriers. You hold high yet achievable expectations of people.
- You understand the challenges of mental health.
What we can promise you
As an employer, we go above and beyond to create opportunities for our employees to learn and build their skills and practice. Here’s more of what you will get from us:
- An employer who values peoples lived experience with mental health challenges
- A supportive and inclusive environment
- Training and development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary packaging
- Mileage compensation
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- A great work culture 😊
If you think you are the right person for this role, please provide a brief cover letter outlining why you feel you are a good fit for the role and a copy of your current resume. Please note only those are shortlisted will be contacted.
MIFWA is an equal opportunity employer who embraces diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace for all employees.