Join us and thrive
Established in 1840, we’re Australia’s first member-owned wellbeing company, delivering health, wealth and care services to more than 700,000 Australians. Today, while we’ve grown to a company of nearly 7000 employees, our focus remains the same as it was 180 years ago — to deliver Real Wellbeing for our customers, members and the community.
We support your Real Wellbeing so you can better support our members’ and customers’ wellbeing journey
What’s on Offer:
We value our employees and the wonderful work they do. Our employees enjoy an enviable range of benefits, including the following:
- Regular individual clinical supervision and peer supervision sessions
- Allocation to a smaller supportive team
- Generous overtime allowances and penalty rates
- Enjoy additional yearly Well-Being and Community leave days
- 14 week paid parental leave, with equal benefit for both parents PLUS our Bump to Baby program
- Employee Assistance Program – support and assistance for you and your partner at those times in life when you need it most
- Attractive employee discounts on Australian Unity Banking products, Private Health and General Insurance
- Novated Leasing – enjoy a new car whilst salary packaging with Maxxia
- Travel and Accommodation – care hire, travel insurance and accommodation discounts
Australian Unity is excited and proud to be partnering with Beyond Blue to deliver their support services to all Australians in need.
This role will be a part of the Beyond Blue Support Service, a 24/7 omnichannel brief counselling and advice service. The role will involve providing brief phone and webchat counselling to our service users who typically present with mental health concerns, require support for complex life situations, or require crisis or emergency support. This role will work closely with fellow Counsellors, direct Team Leader and Coaches around day-to-day service delivery.
This is a virtual telephone & online health service requiring you to work from home.
You will be required to have the following technology requirements;
- Private room/space which can be used for your home office set up
- Reliable/stable internet connection
- Demonstrated IT skills and proficiency in telephony-based systems where you are comfortable navigating multiple software, digital note taking and counselling and support simultaneously.
You will be provided with relevant technology equipment to support you with your WFH setup.
Please Note: This is a fixed term Full Time opportunity until February 2025 working across the 24/7 service in our Over-Night roster patterns.
The expected start date for this role is 16th October 2023 with a 2-week non-negotiable training period following.
You are comfortable and well versed in fast paced environments dealing with a range of mental health presentations and no two callers will be alike. You enjoy offering counselling, strategies, and information to anyone who feels the need to reach out for support. Despite Beyond Blue not being a crisis service, there will be some element of mental health crisis and emergency support in this role. You have excellent micro counselling skills, are empathic, warm and compassionate and have good understanding and practice of self-care. You will work closely with a team of Counsellors, Coaches and Team Leaders to provide care and support that is inclusive, informed and responsive to the needs of all Australians.
Your expertise and qualifications demonstrate the following essential and desirable attributes:
- You are committed and experienced in supporting people in a collaborative, person-centred way that aligns with the values of Beyond Blue and Australian Unity.
- You are registered or eligible to register with ONE of the following professional bodies;
- AHPRA (as a mental health Registered Nurse, Provisional Psychologist with external supervision support or full registration as a Psychologist)
- PACFA – Minimum Provisional (working towards full registration)
- ACA – Minimum level 2
- AASW / AMHSW – Full Membership
- You have a minimum 2-years’ work experience post relevant qualification or minimum 10 years mental health registered nursing experience.
- You are self-motivated and have good digital literacy and strong administration and time management skills.
- You are confident with mental health risk triage and assessment and risk management
- You are friendly, professional and an excellent listener and communicator who can rapidly build trust with people in their environment.
- You are a resilient health professional who can cope with high volume of calls and chats discussing complex mental health symptoms and life circumstances
- You are open to working in a team to support one another to learn and engage in continuous professional development.
Click Apply or contact Anna Mitchell (Talent Acquisition Specialist) on [email protected]
Applications close Sunday 10th September 2023.
Australian Unity is an Equal Opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all members of the community, including people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and, mature aged people.
Should an applicant be the preferred candidate, background checks will be completed prior to the candidate’s employment being confirmed. The outcomes of these checks will be assessed against the inherent requirements of the job.
Please be advised that Australian Unity does not accept unsolicited resumes from Recruitment Agencies. Australian Unity will not recognise an entitlement to an introduction or placement fee unless the Agency has been briefed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team on a specific position for which we have requested candidates for.