Mental Health and Wellbeing is at the core of Navigator Health’s work: our proactive approach to supporting injured and absent workers back to work or function, is at the heart of the work we do.
Due to continued expansion, we seek the services of experienced mental health professionals to be part of our team that supports these workers. Professional, flexible, dedicated and passionate are qualities we seek in individuals who want to make a difference to workers lives that may be struggling or facing challenging times.
The role involves conducting recurrent interviews with people with injuries or absent workers to assist in assessing their experience and needs.
We provide allied health interventions daily and are looking to work with individuals who share our values. If you’re seeking a new challenge and want to be part of this opportunity, please apply.
Navigator is a young, dynamic and independent business who encourages passion, innovation and the ability to be agile.
This role is flexible and you have the ability to work from home or our friendly Sydney offices based in the CBD. Working from home will require sturdy broadband connection.
We are looking for 30 hours per week (over 5 days). Roles also available for full-time employment (38 hours).
- Telephone / Online based counselling / coaching support
- Building rapport, trust and relationship with people recovering from injury or illness
- To administer a series of structured rating scales and actioning referral demands
- To conduct and record open ended interviews
- To participate in assessing the needs of people with injuries in a complex social environment
- To share insights into trends workers may show
- Provide person-centred counselling support, offering empathy and solution focused engagement to empower workers during recovery or illness
- Minimum Bachelor degree level in Allied health background, (counselling, social work, psychology, rehabilitation)
- Proven experience in counselling (CBT, trauma, SFBT)
- Membership with Australian Counselling Association Level 3 or a Clinical Member of PACFA or registered with Australian Psychological Society
- SIRA membership for NSW workers compensation (or eligible for)
- Excellent telephone manner, proven active listening skills, rapport building
- Ability to follow direction
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office, plus other web-based applications (Salesforce, Zoom, etc.)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with clients, organisation and stakeholders alike
- Team player who can share experiences as well and learn from others
- Ability to manage self within workload, schedules and cases, independently
- Psychometric screening background or telehealth support
- Lifeline, Beyond Blue, Health Direct experience an advantage
- Knowledge of the compensable injury industry
- Experience in motivational and health coaching type environments
What we offer you:
- Market leading rates, on contract or employed, basis
- Ongoing supervision, both peer and individual
- Regular training to suit the requirements of the role
- Fully supportive team
- Weekly reviews with full clinical team on more complex cases
- Various ad-hoc projects to get involved with, e.g., developing support tools to manage stress and anxiety
- Computer equipment and software based applications to carry out duties
Applications close Friday, 29th July, 2022.
If you’re interested in applying please let us know why you are interested in your cover letter and send it with your resume to Amaya at Navigator Group using email [email protected] and include a contact number. Please advise your current working commitments and availability as we are anticipating to take new applicants in September, 2022
If you have applied before and still fit the criteria above, we invite you to re-apply and mention that you have done so.
NOTE: all applicants must possess Australian citizenship or Permanent Residency and Police Checks.