Remote Therapy is a telehealth psychology practice that provides bulk-billed psychotherapy to urban and rural areas.
See our website here: www.remotetherapy.com.au
You will be providing therapy to clients over a video call or over the phone or both (your choice).
We are looking for psychologists who will utilise strong evidence-based therapies only.
You will be working as an independent proprietor/sole trader so you will need your own ABN.
Remote Therapy will provide the following:
- Receptionist services 5 days a week to act as a point of contact between you and your clients and referrers
- Marketing services to ensure your schedule is always filled
- Payment processing and Medicare claiming
- Tutorials for the calendar and telehealth software + training and support from the reception staff
- Peer consultation groups available where you can organise meetings with fellow team members
99% of clients will be referred under a Mental Health Care Plan so you will need to write progress reports as a part of their treatment.
Our client base ranges from children all the way to seniors. The median client is aged 39. Clients under age 18 and over age 60 make up 4.3% and 5.4% of all clients respectively.
You may specify if you do not want to see a certain age group or presentation.
This role is remote, so you can work from home or wherever you like, provided it is a quiet and confidential space.
You can choose which hours you want to make available and you can make adjustments at any time. We are looking for someone who has a minimum of 5 hours per week available. We will fill a 10-hour schedule in 1-2 week, a 20-hour schedule in 2-4 weeks, etc.
Payment for your services will be deposited into your bank account directly by Medicare or our private payment system. We then charge a service fee of 20% on a monthly basis.
Per appointment, after our fee, you will take home $74.32 as a registered psych and $109.08 as a clinical psych.
Regarding no-shows and late cancellations
If a client misses an appointment or cancels within 48 hours then we will charge them a fee equal to the bulk-bill rate. This means you are paid the same for a missed appointment or late cancellation as for an attended appointment.
If the client is unable to pay, we take on the cost and give you a credit equivalent to the shortfall to be subtracted from your next monthly invoice. You get paid for no-shows and late cancellations no matter what happens.
- Must be AHPRA registered.
- Must have access to a device with a high-quality webcam and microphone.
- Must have an Australian Business Number.
How to apply
Please send your CV or any questions to: [email protected] or apply through Seek.