SERO4 Ltd was established to provide services and support to women and their families who have had experiences that have impacted their wellbeing. Our purpose is for “women and their families to be thriving”. How we do this is providing a continuum of care and opportunity for resilience making. We want to create sustainable change in women’s lives. Our philsophy;
- Women are at the centre of everything we do
- We want to raise awareness about the destructive effects of violence on families
- We advocate for the rights of women and families regardless of; social, economic, ethnic background, sexuality and identity.
The MARA Project is a program of SERO4 which operates an inreach and outreach team in the 4 women’s correctional centres in Sth East Queensland.
The role of the Outreach Worker supports women transitioning from custody in a 4 phased approach. The role may coordinate day of release, ensuring immediate needs are met. Planning continues with the MARA woman, regarding her needs and goals, commencing support in the community and advocating access to various services and supports. The strength of the MARA model is the relationship and building on that continuum so that MARA offers a seamless and joined up connection from custody to community.
Applications close Tuesday 19th September 2023 at 5pm
** Please note -This role is required to service Gold Coast – Beenleigh & surrounding areas.**
SCHADS award, fully maintained company vehicle, computer and phone supplied, voluntary salary packaging.
Attached is a brief job description and selection criteria.
Please read the selection criteria below carefully and construct responses to be included with your current resume/CV.
Please ensure you have included referees, one of which must be your current line manager or someone in a supervisory position, who can validate your experience and skills.
Ensure that you upload both your resume/CV and your answers to the selection criteria.
Please upload your responses by the closing date.
Please note: This is a contract position until June 30th 2024, with a strong possibility of extension.
- Enthusiasm, commitment and positive attitude to engaging and working flexibly in the role of advocacy from female client centred approach
- Experience working with a range of systems agencies such as Qld Corrective Services, Child Safety, Police, Courts, Mental Health, Domestic Violence and or Alcohol & Other drug services
- Demonstrated experience to engage comfortably in complex cases and situations working with high needs and high risk clients suffering with trauma and issues of complexity
- Demonstrated a high level of communication, negotiation and professional boundaries with clients
- Motivated to be a strong team player and supporting of a positive workplace culture
- Competent Computer skills, MS Office software and experience using client database software
- Criminal History Check and legibility to meet Qld Corrective Services security clearance criteria
- Current Positive Notice Blue Card
- Current Positive Notice Yellow Card
- Current Qld driver’s licence
- Experience working with Corrective Services or similar agencies
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience working with complex clients
If you have any further questions regarding the outreach worker role please contact MARA Operations Manager.