A leading community based organisation providing community development, early intervention and prevention services to individuals, families and communities from diverse backgrounds.
Based in South-Western Sydney, you’ll join a team of highly experienced family therapists to provide home based therapy to vulnerable families with children aged 0-17 years old at risk of being removed from the family home.
You’ll address the clinical needs of your clients through a range of interventions, assessment and development of behaviour change plans, whist providing home-base clinical treatment.
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling or similar field
- Demonstrated ability to conduct family assessments using a strengths-based approach.
- Demonstrated ability to engage families from diverse backgrounds and cultures, and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals and address child safety concerns using evidence based models.
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and the ability to identify and address these issues with families when required.
- Demonstrated understanding of issues facing vulnerable families.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of early intervention and the importance of children’s early years on later outcomes; and of children’s developmental stages and practical parenting skills.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours and on-call to meet the needs of families as required.
- Full-time (5 days) OR Part-time (4 days) available
- Immediate start available
- Must have a current NSW Drivers Licence
- Must have a NSW WWCC
- Must have a satisfactory National Police Check
- Must be vaccinated against Covid-19