- Attractive Salary Packaging Options
- Supportive team environment
- Learning and Development Opportunities
About the role
The Therapeutic Specialist works directly with the Intensive Therapeutic Care Teams, supporting the team to provide consistent care for children and young people in the Permanency Support Program who have experienced abuse, trauma or neglect, helping them to meet their goals.
This is a Full-time permanent position and Flexible Working Arrangements to work from home and the office may be considered.
- Administer psychometric assessments, analyse data and inform coach and guide behavioural advice based on information available. This will inform practice, reflective practice and Case Planning processes.
- Lead the Therapeutic Care Team towards best practice in therapeutic care while the child or young person is in the program including guiding planning and interactions between staff and children/young people for learning opportunities and ad-hoc reflections.
- Facilitate regular reflective practice with the Therapeutic care team, linking interactions to the theory of trauma, attachment and child and adolescent development.
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to support the program and the delivery of therapeutic care
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Therapeutic Care setting or working in a clinical environment with children and young people in Out of Home Care
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Mental Health Nursing
- Current registration, or willingness and capability to obtain registration, with the professional body relevant to the qualification
- Current Driver’s License (and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Willingness to undertake a National Criminal History Check
- Applicants will be required to disclose your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application for employment. You will also be required to provide further evidence of vaccination status or medical contraindication certificate as part of your recruitment /interview process.
CatholicCare is committed to making a positive change in the lives of children and young people by providing care and support services to maximise each child’s opportunity to have a stable, long-term home environment in which they can thrive and have hope for the future. This is our Out of Home Care (OOHC) Program.
The personal growth and development of many of the children and young people in our care has been interrupted by significant and often traumatic issues in their lives. We provide health, education, living skills and community support. We actively encourage the healthy development of children and young people through their adolescent years and beyond.
We are a safe, respectful, and inclusive employer. We welcome all applicants, regardless of their cultural background, gender, faith, or disability.
Our organisation will accommodate any reasonable requests to support you to thrive during the recruitment process and beyond.
We have a workforce of over 700 people and are continuing to grow.
Culture and Benefits
We know that changing roles is a big decision, so here is what we can offer you:
- Flexible work arrangements – we work with you to find out what flexibility means to you.
- Salary packaging benefits – By choosing to salary package, you allocate a portion of your income to the payment of certain expenses before your income tax is calculated. The part of your income that you allocate to salary packaging can be used for the same everyday items you pay for today, such as your mortgage or rent, groceries and insurance, so you don’t even have to change your spending habits.
- Free onsite parking
- A focus on employee well-being, with regular reflective/practice supervision opportunities.
- Access to training and learning opportunities.
- An Employee Assistance Program offering free and confidential counselling and support.
- An additional paid leave day (CatholicCare Day) to be taken at the end of the year.
How to apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, please provide a cover letter addressing the role requirements, complete your work history and education information on the application page and submit your resume.
No recruitment agencies please