QuIHN is a statewide, not for profit, and non-government health service which provides a variety of health services to people who use substances throughout Queensland across three service areas:
- Therapeutic Services;
- Harm Reduction Services; and
- Better Access Medical Clinic.
QuIHN encourages a positive work environment and individual career development by providing for team building opportunities, individual learning and development plans, supervision, professional development funds, safe and supportive work practices and flexible working arrangements to assist employees in managing a work/life balance.
We value and seek the knowledge of
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
People with a lived/living experience of substance use
About the role
Full time position – with flexibility for 8/9 day fortnight
Rate: $51.90 per hour
The Therapeutic Team Leader responds to the complex needs of individuals and/or families through the management and leadership of a multidisciplinary therapeutic team, as well as managing their own case load.
Key responsibilities, include:
- Ensure Therapeutic Services are provided to the highest professional standard and the smooth running of the region
- Lead and manage a multidisciplinary therapeutic team to achieve annual goals
- Provide brief interventions and counselling using established therapeutic modalities
- Provide comprehensive alcohol, drug and mental health assessments to develop therapeutic plans and referrals
- Monitor accurate recording of service delivery data and provide reporting
- Facilitate or Co-Facilitate psychosocial education and support group/s.
What we’re looking for
Someone who is passionate about their work and the health outcomes of both clients and the broader community and can demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Lived or living experience of substance use, and/or a demonstrated allyship with the AOD community will hold strong merit for this position
- Professional registration with a relevant professional association. Suitable professional associations are:
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW);
- Australian Psychological Society (APS) via the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA);
- Australian Counselling Association (ACA);
- Queensland Counsellors Association (QCA); and/or
- Psychotherapy & Counselling Federation of Australia PACFA}.
- Ability to engage and work with vulnerable and complex individuals and/or families affected by substance use and other related concerns
- Intermediate competency in the use of Microsoft packages
- Current Queensland driver’s licence (or equivalent)
- Available to work between the hours of 8:00am – 8:00pm, Monday-Friday
Interested in applying?
Roles at QuIHN are merit based. Merit for this role will be assessed by looking at your knowledge, skills and experience, and personal qualities.
To enable us to assess your merit, please apply via Seek with:
- your current resume, including qualifications and employment history.
- a short statement (of no more than two (2) pages) demonstrating your experience in relation to the “About the Role” and how you fit “What we’re looking for“
- as well as outlining your motivation to join QuIHN
Applications close the Friday 22 September 2023, however the position may be filled before that time.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.