SCHaDS Crisis Accommodation Employee Level 1
We are a growing and innovative social enterprise supporting around 10,000 South Australians each year through housing and community services. Seeking opportunities to build positive pathways and connected thriving communities, we are one of few South Australian organisations offering an integrated model of housing and support. Together, we are committed to effecting long-term positive change for those we work with and the communities we work in.
We are improving lives and building strong, resilient, and connected communities.
Junction is always seeking future talent to join our Therapeutic Youth Worker in Southern Metropolitan Adelaide, Northern Adelaide and Mount Barker houses. Harnessing your knowledge, skills, and passion, you will be responsible for guiding our young people to improve their confidence and self-esteem by promoting positive attitudes and lifestyle choices. We are looking for some casual staff to work our busy Christmas and holiday period.
The best part of this role is the ability for you to come in and really create a strong sense of home for our young people, assisting them in developing social and living skills and celebrating their successes along the way. You will get to plan daily activities, working closely with clients, while also liaising with government and non-government agencies as well as members of the community to advocate for continued access and support for activities and services.
A day in this role may include:
- Facilitating client participation in a range of educational and recreational activities to enhance their physical, social, emotional and intellectual development;
- Producing accurate case notes, interaction records, log entries, Client Incident Reports, and plans;
- Maintaining the property in a clean and hygienic manner; and
- Planning and preparing meals for children and young people in line with healthy food choices and safe food-handling requirements.
Opportunities offer an incredible learning base for you to start and grow your career in Child Protection in a rewarding environment with Junction.
We are seeking a highly passionate professional who:
- Holds an certificate IV in Youth Work, Child, Youth and Family Intervention, Community Services or equivalent (or working towards)
- Has demonstrated experience in responding to trauma-related behaviours
- A sound interpersonal skills to effectively engage and establish rapport with clients, staff, and external agencies
- Available to do passive (sleepovers) and active night shifts
- Available to do shifts during Christmas and New Year
What we offer:
- Values-driven culture
- Generous salary sacrifice benefits
- Great professional development opportunities
- A You are Amazing Day – an extra day of leave to spend however you want
- A supportive, flexible work environment with paid parental leave and a strong focus on staff wellbeing
- A NADIOC Day – an extra day of paid leave to attend NAIDOC celebrations
- Access to wholesale prices on selected products at Harvey Norman
You will need to:
- Complete our online application process
- Undergo pre-employment testing as part of the recruitment process which will include psychological assessments
- Hold a current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
- Hold a current Senior First Aid Certificate
- Hold a current Safe Environments Certificate
- Hold a current unencumbered Australian driver’s licence and be willing to drive
- Be prepared to undertake Therapeutic Crisis Intervention training within 6 months of commencing with Junction
Applications Close: Sunday 17 September 2023.
For further confidential inquiries contact Sue Wood, Manager Operations, Child & Youth Services on 0408 000 495.
Junction is an equal opportunity employer that embraces a culture of diversity. We encourage applications from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, people with disability, and people from every culture, gender and sexuality identity, age and ethnic background. Junction is committed to being a Child Safe organisation and has zero tolerance for child and family abuse.